Fixed Gaze (or Stare or Look or See or whatever the hell you want to call it)

Author Topic: Fixed Gaze (or Stare or Look or See or whatever the hell you want to call it)  (Read 5015 times)

Everything is better with eye scanners.

Gaze is a server modification which allows you to trigger brick events based upon when a player looks at a brick. There are three different inputs you can use, all of which have different effects.

• onGaze          Called repeatedly while you look at a brick.
  • onGazeStart   Called once, when you start looking at a brick - this counts if you go from one brick to another!
  • onGazeStop    Called once, when you stop looking at a brick - this counts if you go from one brick to another!

There's also a setGazeName output event! Well, what does this do?

Gaze lets you see player names. While you can't set the gaze names of players (for OBVIOUS REASONS), you can set the names of bricks. These names can be anything from "Click the light to turn it on" (toggling to "turn it off" when clicked) to "Nuclear Launch Button". Never have people wonder what that obscure control panel does again!

The range of your Gaze can be set in the RTB preferences. The range is 0-100 in Torque Units. Do NOT complain about the gaze maximum being too short - one hundred TU is three 64x64 baseplates end to end and then another eight block studs!

onGaze can be toggled on and off in RTB preferences as well. While the event will still be available, only onGazeEnter and onGazeLeave will be triggered.

The entire Gaze mod can be set to one of four settings: Bricks, Players, and Bots; Players and Bots; Bricks Only; or Sightless.
Minigame support enabling/disabling via prefs is not yet included. This will be added when I de-lazy.

Below is some large text that says download.
If you cannot find the large text that says download,
I simply cannot and will not help you.

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

The original mod topic is far too old to edit, but this is an update that fixes the bottomprint flicker issue caused by Server_Gaze.

where's the download button

anyway cool

Where can I download this add-on?

Where can I download this add-on?

Dunno, the thread for it is really vague and confusing.

OoooOOOOOOOHHHHH!
The time has come! Once again!

lock this thread this topic is horrible confusing loving TRASH.
just kidding.

Is the thing fixed where it clears center and bottom print when gaze events aren't being triggered?

Could you perhaps make the download text larger? I can't seem to see it.
Awesome add-on btw

This is pretty nice.
Only problem is, I can't seem to find the download button...

ok seriously if you want people to see the download button consider making it a color that doesn't blend into the post around it

or lime green at all

seriously just strip lime green from your color vocabulary wholesale, you'll be better for it

ok seriously if you want people to see the download button consider making it a color that doesn't blend into the post around it

or lime green at all

seriously just strip lime green from your color vocabulary wholesale, you'll be better for it
This. The download button was nearly impossible to see, I had to open photoshop and scan around it using the colour picker tool.

or lime green at all

red would be better.

This. The download button was nearly impossible to see, I had to open photoshop and scan around it using the colour picker tool.
Pls be sarcasm, pls be sarcasm,pls be sarcasm

Try this.
Code: [Select]
[center][url=LINKHERE][i][size=60pt][color=#880000]D[/color][color=#662200]O[/color][color=#444400]W[/color][color=#226600]N[/color][color=#008800]L[/color] [color=#006622]O[/color][color=#004444]A[/color][color=#002266]D[/color][color=#000088]![/color][/size][/i][/url][/center]