Author Topic: Jirue's Awesome Colorsets  (Read 8740 times)

So I originally named them Awesome so they'd always be on the front page of RTB... (hehe) But that's dead now so here they are.

Awesome Colorset
A default edit never felt so good!

Description
An awesome colorset that contains *every single Default color plus a bunch more!  Liven up your builds with this colorset while still retaining their default mood.

Builds using default colorset will load (almost) completely normal!  Only color that has to be fixed is standard blue (will load as purple)

• Standards: A well rounded row with no useless neon colors like other standard rows!
  • Bolds: Bold colors for your bricks that need to make a statement ;)
  • Softs: Soft pastel colors
  • Transparents: Original transparent row
  • Spills: A "Specials" row with some useful colors!  Transparents especially good for liquids
  • Greyscales: All the original grey colors with the gaps filled in with even steps
  • Browns: Large scale of browns based on the hue of original brown colors.

*Standard blue and yellow have been slightly changed from original, as original yellow is dingy and original blue is purple-y

Screenshot

Download
Mediafire: Colorset_Awesome.zip

Awesome Colorset: New
Not the colorset Blockland needs, but the one it deserves.

Description
A new revision to the awesome colorset!  Unlike the original Awesome Colorset, this colorset has a totally new array of colors, only holding onto the favorite defaults!

• Standards: The same well rounded standard row
  • Rich: The bold colors from Awesome/Default colorset plus a few new friends ;)
  • Muted: Dulled colors that are great for buildings, vehicles, and other stuff
  • Soft: New set of soft pastel colors
  • Naturals: New set of brown and neutral tones.
  • Greyscale: Modest greyscale that leaves room for more colors in the set
  • Transparent: A set of transparent colors with practical uses in mind, not just a copy of the standard row like other sets!

Screenshot

Download
Mediafire: Colorset_AwesomeNew.zip

Awesome Colorset: Faded
The awesome colorset with an apocalyptic style!

Description
The original awesome colorset faded for apocalyptic type builds.  Features dingy, grungy, and dirty versions of the original colors.

• Standards: The same standard row you knew and loved, now faded to perfection!
  • Bolds: Faded bolds! Not so bold anymore ey?
  • Softs: Pastel colors are already kinda faded but we faded them some more anyways!
  • Transparents: Dark and murky versions of the original transparents (Left light blue alone for good water)
  • Sepias:  A spectrum of wonderful, useful toned down sepia-grey colors + some extra browns!
  • Greyscales: Greyscale with a small hint of sepia to make them look dirty
  • Browns: A spectrum of faded browns

Screenshot

Download
Mediafire: Colorset_AwesomeFaded.zip

Awesome Colorset: Dark
Dark and smooth like Morgan Freeman's voice

Description
The perfect colorset to push your build's style over the edge, with an extreme set of dark, bold, and rich colors that will give your build a dark and eerie feeling.  This colorset was very experimental and is not intended to be used for your every-day builds.

• Standards: The same standard row for those little touches of light where you still need them
  • Dark Bolds: Super dark and super bold colors
  • Transparents: Murky transparent colors to suit your dark builds
  • Cools: A 5-color spectrum of cool tones with an extra 4 cool colors
  • Warms:  A 5-color spectrum of warm tones with an extra 4 warm colors!
  • Greyscales: Standard greyscale with two transparent greys
  • Browns: A variety of different brown towns for various different things

Screenshot

Download
Mediafire: Colorset_AwesomeDark.zip

I'm open to suggestions for improvements on current colorsets :)  I have a few things I want to change in Faded especially, but I don't know if anyone's attached to the current palette or not.  I'm also very open to new colorset suggestions or requests, as I thoroughly enjoy creating colorsets :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:41:59 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Reserved: who knows. Maybe one day I'll make so many colorsets I don't have room for them on the original post.

These colorsets are by far my favorites out of everything else out there.
Glad you reposted!

Lol I thought the "Dark" colourset was called "Dank". I wouldn't be surprised if SquareTurtle downloaded that straight away.

These colorsets are by far my favorites out of everything else out there.
Glad you reposted!
Thanks dood B)

Me too, I told myself I was gonna repost all my stuff during the week RTB shut down and I kept putting it off.  Finally got at least my classic decals and colorsets up, which are mainly the things I was most proud of. I'll probably try to get my prints and other misc crap up eventually :P

I hope Badspot knows that you stole his colors for your colorset.

I hope Badspot knows that you stole his colors for your colorset.
Shhhhhhh

Jirue how do i install these?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blockland\Add-Ons

that's right, right?  it's not showing up when i try to start a server :/

Jirue how do i install these?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blockland\Add-Ons

that's right, right?  it's not showing up when i try to start a server :/
Drop them in Add-Ons like every other add-on ;o

Cept I think if you don't still have RTB installed you have to do it the old fashioned way and replace the colorset.txt located in wherever > Blockland > config > server > colorset.txt
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:51:54 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »