Rising Lava Client [1.2.0]

Author Topic: Rising Lava Client [1.2.0]  (Read 10688 times)

NOTE: The server update in this client will go live at 3:00 PST. (around 30 minutes after this post). The download is up early as to allow early preparation.

Rising Lava Client
by Zapk

Description
The optional client used in the Rising Lava Anniversary update.

Allows players to easily purchase power ups and aesthetics using in-game currency.

Download
http://repository.zapkraft.net/download/Client_Rising_Lava
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:00:08 PM by Zapk² »

Really cool. But I don't think there should be any major advantages you can buy, like climbing and speed.

Really cool. But I don't think there should be any major advantages you can buy, like climbing and speed.
Powerups are quite expensive, and they only last the remainder of the round.

I also made sure to tweak them so they're not overpowered, for example the speed increase is only slight and climbing is highly nerfed.

Powerups are quite expensive, and they only last the remainder of the round.

I also made sure to tweak them so they're not overpowered, for example the speed increase is only slight and climbing is highly nerfed.
Oh. Good. Perhaps they should last for two rounds if they're so expensive though?

Oh. Good. Perhaps they should last for two rounds if they're so expensive though?

I think it works pretty well right now, but I'll think about it.

The server is now online under "Rising Lava's Anniversary Update!"

Problem: http://i.imgur.com/CWiHQUm.png

Font missing?
Looks like your profiles didn't load... odd..

Fixed it, pushed an update.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:15:21 PM by Zapk² »

• Added "None" trail to disable the current trail.
  • Removed "Climbing" powerup (default now).

The update has been pushed to the auto updater.

You should be able to select a different trail before you've spawned and then it'll be applied when you spawn.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:32:44 PM by jes00 »

You should be able to select a different trail when before you've spawned and then it'll be applied when you spawn.

Done, though that's a server thing so there's no client update needed.

Done, though that's a server thing so there's no client update needed.
You should also probably make the client more flexible. The client should ask the server what things that it can buy from the shop, then the server sends the info to the client. That way you don't need to update the client to add/remove things from the shop.

You should also probably make the client more flexible. The client should ask the server what things that it can buy from the shop, then the server sends the info to the client. That way you don't need to update the client to add/remove things from the shop.

The client needs to update for proper imagery anyway. It doesn't really matter.

Make sure it doesn't require a restart then.

Make sure it doesn't require a restart then.
Good idea. I'll do this then.

• Added map voting GUI.

The update has been pushed to the auto updater.