Author Topic: Cyanoticaxolotl Is a Ban Happy Host  (Read 3198 times)

this logic is hilarious
"you dont need to join a server to see if it's good. just use your detective skills to figure out from the server menu"
no? you can come. I'm not saying "you shouldn't join bad servers"
how could it even seem like that's what I'm saying?

oh wait, nvm. I just read what I said again. that's not what I meant though. like, why would you still be there at that point
by the time you start to complain, it's time for you to leave

I would've banned someone for coming to my server with that name
I would also kick someone for complaining about my server. why would you join if you didn't like it? complaining is just annoying
While I definitely agree about the name being inappropriate, some complaints people give on servers are legitimate and deserve attention. Usually on servers people tend to complain about them sucking at the TDM or not liking the hosts colorset (aka pointless whining) but sometimes people will point out things legitimately wrong with servers, like admins abusing their powers, or weapon loadouts on a TDM being horribly unbalanced from team to team, or spawncamping.

Complaints can only help a server, much like how Thomas Edison's thousands of different failed electricity tests before he successfully invented the light-bulb helped him "learn 1000 ways not to make a lightbulb"

While I definitely agree about the name being inappropriate, some complaints people give on servers are legitimate and deserve attention. Usually on servers people tend to complain about them sucking at the TDM or not liking the hosts colorset (aka pointless whining) but sometimes people will point out things legitimately wrong with servers, like admins abusing their powers, or weapon loadouts on a TDM being horribly unbalanced from team to team, or spawncamping.

Complaints can only help a server, much like how Thomas Edison's thousands of different failed electricity tests before he successfully invented the light-bulb helped him "learn 1000 ways not to make a lightbulb"
around half an hour before this drama was made, the accused unbanned him, admitted his wrongdoings and even took his suggestions for the server.

I thought I was going to see a bunch of ban messages..

because lightbulbs are sentient creatures capable of criticizing someone's mistakes.

I get you point but the brown townogy was pretty bad :X

I would've banned someone for coming to my server with that name
I would also kick someone for complaining about my server. why would you join if you didn't like it? complaining is just annoying

Most of the time when people complain about servers in my experience they simply repeat "this is the worst server ever", "I hate this server", "this server sucks", "this server is horrible", etc. My general procedure is to ask them what is wrong with the server and then after they refuse to answer and continue with vague bullstuff I permanently ban them or ban them for a long time for being an annoying, whiny, useless cuntbag "Since you hate the server so much, I doubt you'll mind not coming back" or something because it's very unhelpful, annoying, spammy, and stupid.

giving (polite) suggestions is not the same thing as complaining

Even if someone rants about me being a stuffty host and all, as long as they say something actually useful I will thank them for it.

I myself was banned from his server permanantly because I spammed when someone got rid of the 5000x mining bonus on purpose. (even though everyone else was spamming too).
lol you cant be serious

i too would ban you and the other spammers forever

I spammed when someone got rid of the 5000x mining bonus
Well see, here is your first problem...

The line between both is rather blurry. Complaining can range from "this server sucks" to "you're not doing good in this area on the server, here is how to improve it"

The line between both is rather blurry. Complaining can range from "this server sucks" to "you're not doing good in this area on the server, here is how to improve it"
The best solution I've found, which actually solves many problems, is to just take every remark someone makes as well as you possibly can.

"You are a stuffty host"
"Sorry, I forgot to take a bath after rolling around in an overturned porta-potty"

"These guns suck."
"Would you prefer changing it to DWeapons, nEkram's, or Advanced Weapons?"

"You never ban people you handicap"
"Ok, let's start with you."

Etc.