Did you like it?

OMFG YES.
51 (54.8%)
Wtf no?
16 (17.2%)
LAWLAWLAWL AND A BOTTLE OF WIN
26 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: The Warfare Pack - Patch released! Read the notes on page 2!  (Read 16641 times)

doesn't happen to me either the slow player type after un-ADS but I will look into it.

Hey guys, for those of you who have the slow playertype out of un-ADSing bug, I have fixed it, and the patch will be released tomorrow or really late tonight (different time zones me and BangBang)

I would prefer not changing playertype at all because imo glitches aren't worth the barely realistic feature.

Suggestions if you plan to update:
Bullet whizzing sound for all guns
Bullet hit sound for all guns
Faster bullet speed
Adjust accuracy on weapons (ex: anaconda is 100% accurate excluding drop in sights, accuracy should go down when you shoot a lot)
Headshots (at least 200 damage on head shots for snipers and DMRs, make headshots very powerful)
Weapon names that section and identify weapons (ex: WF:DMR:M14)
Iron sight model should be moved down a little, I can't see anything I'm shooting at

I would look at some of the things BKT does if you can, my only big problems with BKT are slow bullets and very visible bullets that make dodging easy.
beta tester at heart
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:24:23 PM by Who Cares99 »

I would prefer not changing playertype at all because imo glitches aren't worth the barely realistic feature.
This can't be fixed on their end unless they modify Nekram's template that they're using.

CTrooper didnt make these sounds, lol..
They're by DICE AKA the people who made Battlefield.

CTrooper didnt make these sounds, lol..
They're by DICE AKA the people who made Battlefield.

Your absouloutly right but them being in Blockland is made possible by me, so please lets not have any smart assery here. ;)

Suggestions if you plan to update:
Bullet whizzing sound for all guns
Bullet hit sound for all guns
Faster bullet speed
Adjust accuracy on weapons (ex: anaconda is 100% accurate excluding drop in sights, accuracy should go down when you shoot a lot)
Headshots (at least 200 damage on head shots for snipers and DMRs, make headshots very powerful)
Weapon names that section and identify weapons (ex: WF:DMR:M14)
Iron sight model should be moved down a little, I can't see anything I'm shooting at

I would look at some of the things BKT does if you can, my only big problems with BKT are slow bullets and very visible bullets that make dodging easy.
beta tester at heart
these guns do have whizz sounds, each gun has a different whizz sound, in the zip under the folder "Sounds" youll find the sounds: Whizz 1-17 I think those are for the assault rifles pistols and SMGS thebn theres the sounds: Crack 1-4 those are the crack thumps for the snipers

Asfor the headshot feature, this shud help http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185837.0

And we have those weapon names..... for example the xm8 is WF: XM8 um did you try the pack,

If you think about it the accuracy for the Anaconda is balanced with the fire rate and the drop and the 6 bullets
as for the bullet hit sounds there um is I think two hit marker mods out there, and besides if you want realism why the need for bullet hit sounds, the bullets also have a bullet-ground effect where smoke pops up when the bullet touches ground.

these guns do have whizz sounds, each gun has a different whizz sound, in the zip under the folder "Sounds" youll find the sounds: Whizz 1-17 I think those are for the assault rifles pistols and SMGS thebn theres the sounds: Crack 1-4 those are the crack thumps for the snipers

Asfor the headshot feature, this shud help http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185837.0

And we have those weapon names..... for example the xm8 is WF: XM8 um did you try the pack,

If you think about it the accuracy for the Anaconda is balanced with the fire rate and the drop and the 6 bullets
as for the bullet hit sounds there um is I think two hit marker mods out there, and besides if you want realism why the need for bullet hit sounds, the bullets also have a bullet-ground effect where smoke pops up when the bullet touches ground.

When I was testing these, only some of the guns had whiz sounds.

I would like bullet hit sounds for all guns because it's a lot easier to hear bullet hits than see them, plus it sounds really nice.

By weapon names that section and identify weapons I meant like how nEkrams names the guns, with the class of weapon inbetween pack name and gun. For example, instead of WF: XM8, it would be WF: AR: XM8, so it would be with the other assault rifles. It's not an important suggestion but it's easy and would help players who are less experienced with the pack.

I am more concerned with realism than balance. Most (if not all) of the guns are extraordinarily accurate.

By bullet hit sounds, I meant that the place where the bullet hits plays a sound, not a sound being played to you when you hit someone with a bullet.

Also, faster projectile speed would be appreciated greatly (it was not addressed)

I do really love this pack so far, it's just these things that make it surprisingly less realistic. I'm hoping that since these were released today yesterday already? I should go to sleep. they aren't done being worked on to much extent. It's extremely rare that a mod is big-free or unoptimizable when it is released, and while this mod came fairly close I think that with just this small push it could be perfect.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:17:19 AM by Who Cares99 »

When I was testing these, only some of the guns had whiz sounds.

I would like bullet hit sounds for all guns because it's a lot easier to hear bullet hits than see them, plus it sounds really nice.

By weapon names that section and identify weapons I meant like how nEkrams names the guns, with the class of weapon inbetween pack name and gun. For example, instead of WF: XM8, it would be WF: AR: XM8, so it would be with the other assault rifles. It's not an important suggestion but it's easy and would help players who are less experienced with the pack.

I am more concerned with realism than balance. Most (if not all) of the guns are extraordinarily accurate.

By bullet hit sounds, I meant that the place where the bullet hits plays a sound, not a sound being played to you when you hit someone with a bullet.

Also, faster projectile speed would be appreciated greatly (it was not addressed)

I do really love this pack so far, it's just these things that make it surprisingly less realistic. I'm hoping that since these were released today yesterday already? I should go to sleep. they aren't done being worked on to much extent. It's extremely rare that a mod is big-free or unoptimizable when it is released, and while this mod came fairly close I think that with just this small push it could be perfect.

Okay, I see what you mean bud, as for the weapon names ill see if bangbang would like it, and for the bullet velocity, im sorry but the snipers have maxed out velocity of 1000 pistols have 500 -700 velocity lmgs and assault rifles have 800-1000 velocity, unless theres a script(that's not raycast) that allows me to increase it more, it just cant be done lol, I am sure that all the guns have whizzing sounds me and bangbang personally stress tested each one, but I will look into it, and I cant do the bullet spread because a. im not thatgood, frankly this is my first time scripting guns for real. B. when I think of realism I think accurate reliable guns, not guns like BKT where after 4  or 5 shots I now have hip fire accuracy while aiming, I mean this aint Battlefield 2 for forget sakes LOL. and I still don't follow you on the bullet impacting players sound like BKT where a different sound is made when it impacts a player? cuase if so it would interfere with death yell packs (such as mine and Arekan's) which have pain sounds in them already

All in all im sorry I cant add so much for this is like I said my first real gun pack, but as I get better, I will remember this, and I will practice more ;)

BTW expansions are around the corner!

Okay, I see what you mean bud, as for the weapon names ill see if bangbang would like it, and for the bullet velocity, im sorry but the snipers have maxed out velocity of 1000 pistols have 500 -700 velocity lmgs and assault rifles have 800-1000 velocity, unless theres a script(that's not raycast) that allows me to increase it more, it just cant be done lol, I am sure that all the guns have whizzing sounds me and bangbang personally stress tested each one, but I will look into it, and I cant do the bullet spread because a. im not thatgood, frankly this is my first time scripting guns for real. B. when I think of realism I think accurate reliable guns, not guns like BKT where after 4  or 5 shots I now have hip fire accuracy while aiming, I mean this aint Battlefield 2 for forget sakes LOL. and I still don't follow you on the bullet impacting players sound like BKT where a different sound is made when it impacts a player? cuase if so it would interfere with death yell packs (such as mine and Arekan's) which have pain sounds in them already

All in all im sorry I cant add so much for this is like I said my first real gun pack, but as I get better, I will remember this, and I will practice more ;)

BTW expansions are around the corner!
I don't know what you mean you aren't good enough to do bullet spread, bullets spread everywhere when you aren't in ADS, and assault rifles spread.

I think the way BKT does it is actually pretty realistic, in real life recoil will forget you up at least a little if you shoot as fast as you can.

I'm not trying to say that the sound happens when the bullet hits a player, I guess I've been having trouble finding the right words for it. It's kind of like the whizzing; for some reason, not all guns make a sound if, for example, a bullet hits the a ground right next to you.

I'm glad we have some new people making weapons who are focusing on realism and such.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a feature you did on purpose or not, but this pack changes drastically depending on what you enable. For example, I went on a friends server earlier who was using these with nEkram's enabled and it forced 1st person, used ray casts, and changed playertypes. It is probably an issue with overwriting file names caused by using nEkram's as a template, however I think it is cool because it means that if you like using nEkram's pack, you can basically just add this as a more advanced and awesome sounding expansion. (Nothing against nEkram's guns, but when I hear an ambience if distant bullets caused by actual gunfire... climaxic.)

Nothing against nEkram's guns, but when I hear an ambience if distant bullets caused by actual gunfire... climaxic.)
Ahh yes I think your orgasimed about... 3? times on my server when we added this into it. You fell in love with it pretty fast.

Your absouloutly right but them being in Blockland is made possible by me, so please lets not have any smart assery here. ;)
Who the forget said I was being a smartass. I was just making sure this person knew.

Just so you know, its not loving hard to take a sound from Battlefield 4, make it mono, and then export it as a simple name.. So quit acting like it is.

Who the forget said I was being a smartass. I was just making sure this person knew.

Just so you know, its not loving hard to take a sound from Battlefield 4, make it mono, and then export it as a simple name.. So quit acting like it is.

No need to get fierce about this, if your going to insult me do it politly like I did to you, and on top of that I never made it sound like it was hard and besides I kissed your ass and said "absoulutly right" and agreed with you so IMO you really need chill the hell out.

When did I ever insult you?

well your right, whataver man, I guess with how a lot of the blockland community acts sometimes, I took your first comment as offensive, and it was childish of me to do so considering that I swore in my head I wouldn't be that guy that gets mad at everything, and ive dun forgeted so, from here on out, ill keep my mouth shut :# sorry bro.

So heres whats up, this topic aint dead, were making new stuff as I speak. But I did a checkup on the pack heres what I have concluded:

For those of you who say you cant hear bullet whizzes that's something to do on your end

for those of you who cant hear the bolts on snipers, also on your end

those are the only two bugs that I could define

AS FOR THE GOOD NEWS

During my check up I fixed some sound related stuff such as the weapon audio cutting out during long bursts of automatic fire, the fix comes with a downside, you wont hear the lovey weapon reflection like before but the base sound hasn't changed and made shorter to prevent this audio cut out.

As for the smaller patches with the way the guns function here it is in a list:

Buffed the damage for PKP by 2
Increased QBB fire rate SLIGHTLY
Anaconda has the correct fire delay and now does 50 damage (when I say correct fire delay I mean its loving slow now)
Increased XM8 fire rate to 750 RPM
Increased DMR fire rate (not enough to spam, but enough to get you out of a tuff situation)
Nerfed the AA12 dramatically it has a really slow fire rate and the impact pulse has been toned down a lot :P
Swaghammer has a fire rate increase
FN57 has a fire rate Decrease just slightly I almost had it right the first time

Anyways if BangBang agrees with the patches I made they will be released soon!

Hope you all still enjoy these guns!