Aeschylus's "Space Station RP"

Author Topic: Aeschylus's "Space Station RP"  (Read 4776 times)

Pre-Emptive Spoiler: This server is an absolute craphole of freekilling, admin abuse and makeshift blockhead love.

I was bored of playing TF2 and Unturned all day today, so I decided I'd dust off my old Blockland folder and play the game again (it's been 20 days since I last actually played it).
I went on the master server and saw a bunch of crappy Sonic/Family/Military RPs in the list, and knew I wouldn't be joining those.

However, Aeschylus's server caught my eye as I had remembered being to it several years ago. It has an amazingly-detailed and large moonbase build that was great for having a Space RP on, so I thought I'd give it a try.

So I joined it, and waited about 5 minutes for the game to download add-ons for the server.
When I spawned, I thankfully discovered that, like all good RPs, it had a dedicated minigame going, so that was a good sign. It was neatly organized too, with several different "teams" to differentiate jobs people had on the space station. It also had the RP Chat mod, which was another good indication that the server would be great.

NOTICE: Because of the RP Chat and Slayer mods, player's nametags naturally do not appear in-game. The only way to confirm things is to keep an eye on the chat.

So I just spawned, and I turned my head, and (in an ironic twist, considering the good build and the good choice of addons the server had) next saw an admin dressed as a guard chasing and attacking another player for no reason with a stunstick:

Wishfully thinking to myself that "maybe he had robbed someone or something, maybe the admin isn't just harassing him" I walked on, trying to ignore the potentially-unjust situation I had just witnessed.

I walked out of the main hallway and down a corridor. I reached a junction and met another player named Bacchus, and we roleplay-talked for a little bit, with another guy standing by the corner. I was about to turn around and walk away, having finished the conversation, when suddenly the admin known as "u egg" teleported in front of me, pulled out a shotgun, and blasted Bacchus in the face with it:

He then teleported away, leaving me with just the other guy who also witnessed the incident:

Then we find out that "he killed the wrong guy". I confronted u egg about his admin abuse but I was promptly ignored.

After that a few more beautiful jewels of freekilling, teamkilling and general chat garbage happened:

I then walked back down the corridor into the entry hall to go to whatever this "Job Assignment" meeting was that jntrauser had so rudely called, but at the entrance of the hall I was greeted by this sight:

Some more jewels of chat:

So I arrive back at the entrance hall, but this so-called "Job assignment meeting" that jntrauser called just turns out to be a coordinated ambush by the player known as "scoobs" on the other RPers. He rushed down at us from high up and killed one of the players for no apparent reason.

Some more DMing in chat while I explored the station:

I then pop the question again about the crappy stuff going on around the server. Only reply I get is from another player who is just as frustrated as me but powerless to do anything. I'm still ignored by the admins. Aeschylus himself is talking in RP chat himself at this time too, but even though he heard my message AND was getting all the death messages from the server, he ignored it all and didn't do jack crap.

Scoobs then comes back and starts chasing me around the station with a butterfly knife, a speedbooster syringe and what I believe is a Warhammer 40k gas mask, trying to kill me. Eventually he managed to hit and kill me.

Some more garbage chat and DMing goes on:

Back in the main hall, "u egg" has now changed teams and admin-orbs to scoobs and kills him:

I ask about the admin abuse for the third time:

The admins "u egg" and "jitank" respond to my message by admin-orbing to me and killing me with stunsticks, subtly implying to me that I should "leave the server if I don't like it":

After this second time being killed for absolutely no reason, and having been repeatedly ignored by the host and his admins about their wrongdoings, I left the server.

Conclusion:
Aeschylus's Space Station RP is anything but a space station RP. It's a free-for-all deathmatch. It's a love RP. It's anything you make it to be. And the admins don't give a crap about what you do or what you say. They're a lazy bunch of jerks proliferating a terrible server with a highly misleading title. The only thing praiseworthy about it is the add-on selections and the build itself. Everything else sucks.

Avoid this server at all costs.

Here's the BL_IDs of the people involved for anyone wondering.

> blockland rp
> rp
> expectations to be good

> blockland rp
> rp
it can be done, comr4de's was awesome when i played it

> blockland rp
> rp
I went on the master server and saw a bunch of crappy Sonic/Family/Military RPs in the list, and knew I wouldn't be joining those.

However, Aeschylus's server caught my eye as I had remembered being to it several years ago. It has an amazingly-detailed and large moonbase build that was great for having a Space RP on, so I thought I'd give it a try.

it can be done, comr4de's was awesome when i played it
This ^^^^

Well it's not like I can host anymore...

oh wait~

I helped with this build but it sucks its being put to use with these stuffhead admins

Not /thread related, but when does he host?

When I played jt was just a boring server with nothing to do.

And when you asked egg why he killed That Bacchus guy, he couldnt see it, he was on another team.

in my previous encounters i can tell you that most of the admins are dumb and or black

It's a shame because of the potential wasted, but I talked to Aeschylus on skype once and I had to end the call instantly because his voice was so annoying.

i played like yesterday and left because it was boring :/
but yeah this doesn't surprise me. it actually felt better with more weapons.

/support, I tried to apply for a job in the rp and the admin accepting applications just killed me twice.

that stuffs whacked yo..

What a bunch of knobheads

/support

I can't stand u egg, he's very annoying.