Author Topic: Insidious Infection - 'Murder Mystery'-esque Biological/Psychological action  (Read 831 times)

Note: This idea came to me on a subway ride to school, so it is extremely raw/unrefined and lacking thorough explanation. Hopefully, regardless of this, some people may find it interesting

So due to me lacking the proper skill in Torquestuff, I am ready to give up on this idea, but it's worth expressing it to the community.

So basically, it's like Murder Mystery/Mafia Madness, but instead of murderers and gangsters, it's poor blokes suffering from infectious diseases, and their goal is to spread it to every other living player and wipe them all out. Kind of like Self Delete bombing with rabies or some stuff.

A few (maybe 1 person per 8 players) people will spawn with a deadly disease that takes 2 minutes to kill their host. This 'badly infected' player has to infect as many other people on the server with this disease. Every time they infect a player, the round's maximum time limit extends by 2 minutes. The infection wins if every player dies by physical or infectious causes. If they don't spread the infection, well, they die, and the other players win. The round will start with exactly 2 minutes on the clock.

Then there are the doctors. They spawn with research notes that give information about various diseases and their symptoms. All diseases are randomly generated and have random symptoms. The 'deadly' disease counts as one of them, but the doctors do not know this disease is deadly yet. They also spawn with an empty syringe, which they will be required to use to collect samples from infected/dead players. With enough sample collections, they can create a vaccine that will make a selected disease extinct based on whichever samples they collected. There will be various diseases in the game, roughly 8 or 9, all of them minor which cause certain symptoms but are not fatal. One of these diseases will cause normal symptoms, but will be fatal. The doctors have to single out this disease and eradicate it.

Then there's the normal people. They spawn either healthy or with some random disease, as common as something like smallpox. They also spawn with weapons in case they are attacked by the infected individual. Some of them will be insane, which will cause random symptoms as well as unruly behavior, such as biting/accidentally infecting random players.

anyways, this may seem confusing at first, but some people get the idea. Cure the disease before time runs out, and if you're the infected individual, spread the disease as fast as possible by biting/coming in contact with uninfected individuals.

Zapk already made a disease game mode, but this concept seems promising, and more similar to a MM-type server. It'd be great if someone would actually consider making this, which shouldn't be the hardest thing to do if it'll be based of the murder mystery gamemode, using it as a template.

Zapk already made a disease game mode, but this concept seems promising, and more similar to a MM-type server. It'd be great if someone would actually consider making this, which shouldn't be the hardest thing to do if it'll be based of the murder mystery gamemode, using it as a template.

Zapk's disease is more of a zombie gamemode. This is supposed to have cooperative gameplay, similar to murder mystery, where Innocents must cooperate to cure the disease, not run away in fear and try to escape.

I love it! But rather than a time limit, I think it would be better if the infected lost health over time (1 HP per second? Perhaps slightly less) and healed upon infecting someone.

The infected should not know if they have the deadly.
That way it spreads realistically, and accidentally.
/support