Author Topic: c[]'s [Qi] City RPG has a brilliant new game mechanic  (Read 9864 times)

this drama reminded me so much of Goldeneye's youtube channel.

very well done.

Welcome to real life bud

oh my god the OP is amazing

OT: Owner really needs to fix this, its REALLY dumb.

On guys CO-Operative cost here in about 7 hours I will solve this problem with c[_].
Oh, you are co-host?

that explains everything

Oh, you are co-host?

that explains everything
Truly my friend

Okay, a feature you aren't used to. Why is this drama?

It's entirely unnecessary. (The feature, that is.) The best comparison would be the constant farming from DRPG, taking forever just to get a different colored pickaxe to go mine some ores and repeat the process.

Pointless waiting around, unmarked important buildings, unhelpful help commands... It's not just that he isn't used to it, it's genuinely bad.

its not a feature
its an artificial half hour wait to play a game. its incredibly idiotic and have no purpose besides A) keeping people in the server to make the player list look bigger than it really is or B) to annoy people and slow down the game for no obvious reason

Wow.

The fact that the help menu was lacking anything Job related (let alone a job list) is a pretty serious flaw. Most cityRP's that i've been to with that kind of help menu at the very least have a job list. Another issue here that should be dealt with is that the Jobs building wasn't clearly labeled and didn't stand out is also a problem, buildings with major serivces like education, jobs, and the bank should be clearly labeled and easy to find. It's also generally a good idea NOT to have everything in one place, for several reasons. One of the biggest issues here is that labour-based jobs required an education, which they shouldn't. Labour-based Jobs are mean't to be a starting point for players, the first rung of the ladder, so to speak, and are how players can make money to afford an education and get better jobs. Having players spend over half an hour just waiting around to get the money they need for an education is a clear turn off for those who want to get started in the virtual community quickly.

c[] really needs to fix these issues, otherwise his server will fall flat because new players will eventually tire of having to wait 38 minutes before they can ACTUALLY get started.

So you found a City RPG that sucks?

wow that's unheard of
*cough* Spacewarrior1255's City RPG *cough*

Okay, so i recently joined c[]'s [Qi] City RPG out of curiosity, and to no surprise, OP was right. I had to just stand around and do nothing for over half an hour.