Author Topic: Recolored icon when using colorshift  (Read 11921 times)

I am trying to have a bright icon for my item, but I need to colorshift the item in order to have to look I want (and to save on models needed to be downloaded). Whenever you colorshift the item it automatically changes the color of the item's icon.

Is there any way to override the icon's color change when you colorshift the item?

What do you mean "override the icon's color change" ?

What do you mean "override the icon's color change" ?
I dont want my icon to be colorshifted

In your item's datablock just put doColorShift = false;

EDIT: Or is it that you don't want the icon to be color shifted, but you still want the item to be?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:15:56 AM by jes00 »

EDIT: Or is it that you don't want the icon to be color shifted, but you still want the item to be?

but I need to colorshift the item

Ok. I think if you apply the right coloring to the item icon, it won't be color shifted.

Ok. I think if you apply the right coloring to the item icon, it won't be color shifted.
What's "the right color" then? 'Cause I also need to know this. There should be more documentation on icons, really; even a little would be helpful.

What's "the right color" then? 'Cause I also need to know this. There should be more documentation on icons, really; even a little would be helpful.
Never mind. There's no GOOD way to do it.

There's no GOOD way to do it.
I just need to know any way to do it.

Never mind. There's no GOOD way to do it.

Like setting the colour every time someone switches around their paint?

Basically you use your pre colored icon then pick a color similar to the icon. Like if it's brown, do a light red. And your pre colored icon can really only be like, one color. It's a terrible method and it's really limited. Badspot should really make a better method.

Basically you use your pre colored icon then pick a color similar to the icon. Like if it's brown, do a light red. And your pre colored icon can really only be like, one color. It's a terrible method and it's really limited. Badspot should really make a better method.
My problem is that I colorshift "0.15 0 0 1" so even if I make it completely white it still stays a dark red.

pls don't abandon me

I don't see why the icon can't be made brighter in paint.net and have colorshift turned off