Boodals' Untitled D&D-like RPG

Author Topic: Boodals' Untitled D&D-like RPG  (Read 17920 times)

So, it turns out that making a physics system that looks good and makes it always land on the face I want while using euler angles is pretty damn complex. I've gotten something, its bad though.

Someone go make a quaternion resource.

Bump. I'm getting back into this again. I've done some work on skills (basically any action which happen in or out of combat), battles, and now I'm starting on the hot bar. Unfortunately Siba is currently working on another project, so i gotta do the guis myself, which isn't too bad since i can just copy his style, but don't expect anything too lovey. The skill system is being designed so that people can easily create their own skills, and get them in game with minimal effort. It uses a state system similar to Torque's weapons, but with a lot more potential (variables, loops, etc). Ill probably put a guide up here when its all finalized.

I can feel a playable alpha coming up (im still talking weeks if not months here, don't start skipping school). I'm not gonna do an alpha test application or anything handicapped like that, ill probably just say that its ready for some real testing here, then just join whenever.

If anyone's interested in a particular part of this, feel free to ask me to explain it, as I did the prop system.

I'm tired.

Bump. I'm getting back into this again. I've done some work on skills (basically any action which happen in or out of combat), battles, and now I'm starting on the hot bar. Unfortunately Siba is currently working on another project, so i gotta do the guis myself, which isn't too bad since i can just copy his style, but don't expect anything too lovey. The skill system is being designed so that people can easily create their own skills, and get them in game with minimal effort. It uses a state system similar to Torque's weapons, but with a lot more potential (variables, loops, etc). Ill probably put a guide up here when its all finalized.

I can feel a playable alpha coming up (im still talking weeks if not months here, don't start skipping school). I'm not gonna do an alpha test application or anything handicapped like that, ill probably just say that its ready for some real testing here, then just join whenever.

If anyone's interested in a particular part of this, feel free to ask me to explain it, as I did the prop system.

I'm tired.

Are you planning to release this so others can host it and add stuff easily, for example, the bolded text above?

Are you planning to release this so others can host it and add stuff easily, for example, the bolded text above?

If i ever get it to a point where i'm happy with it, i might consider it. But the idea with the skills is that people can just create them and send me it, then i can check it and add it myself.

This looks neat.
I'd love to help if I can.

Whoa, great job, Boodals! I'm surprised I haven't seen this!

I believe this deserves a good bump.

Why not?
The project is still alive and it's a good one.

I was gonna bump this a few days ago with some update progress, but I've been waiting for Element to write up a guide on skill creation. I guess since its still being worked on, a guide would be outdated in hours.

Everything's coming together, feels great. I was planning to get the first battle test yesterday or today, but I got attacked by Kerbal Space Program.. The skill state system is much more finalized, and I've done some basic tests. Element has started working on some basic skills for the testing, but i'm going to need a lot more than he can make.

I'm hosting now, gonna do some more tests of the skill system. I don't need anyone to test with, I can use bots, but some company would be appreciated.

-snip-

The guide is coming along swimmingly... well was. There was a new update for Starbound and I gotta play it.

Don't trust him. He banned me for the following reason: "I will.", Accused me of turning everything red, and turned my build red. He might even do that to you, so only risk it if you want to.

I have proof of this, but i don't feel like uploading it.

Bump.

I'm back from a break, working on some new terrain generation stuff, using Dione's terrain thing as a target. I've got pretty close already in the last couple of days, just a few holes to patch over. Hopefully soon ill transition back onto stuff that will progress towards the battle alpha tests, although I don't have much motivation to do that at the moment.

Also, still waiting on the guide from Element...

Any day now....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:38:51 PM by boodals 2 »