Follow up on 'C[]'s [Qi] City RP'

Author Topic: Follow up on 'C[]'s [Qi] City RP'  (Read 8662 times)

i liked this server at first but wow what the forget aoki

looks like that's another server i'll have to write down in my "bad administration" list...

i liked this server at first but wow what the forget aoki

looks like that's another server i'll have to write down in my "bad administration" list...
I'm not trying to discredit all the servers with the [Qi] tag. I like Nuclear Nacho's server and Nacho is a pretty chill guy. Just don't damage Aoki's precious e-cred or hurt his feelings, or he'll get angry and ban you from his server as payback  :cookieMonster:

Link to the inital thread in question, for anyone that missed it:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263500.0

Aside from some few snarky moments, his compliant isn't that unfounded.

And I think all the hate came from other people and not Seventh himself.

Well, it's negative feedback and now your server is better because of it.
The first post brought three very small and very fixable issues to my attention; this result could have easily been brought about with nicer means.
The problem wasn't with me, it was with the mod.
Both are gigantic problems for this server; explained in the last post here.
But you decided to ban me for pointing out with colorful images and animations why your game was unplayable.
The server has an active player base, so, yes, some people do think it's playable...
Way to shoot the messenger, buddy.
You weren't really pleasant about relaying that message; I wouldn't be so upset if you would have sent me or c[_] a PM about these issues.
I felt it was fair because after 15 minutes of trying to figure out how to play your game, I wanted to recoup the lost time by making it into something that was entertaining for me and other people.
Oh, so because you didn't enjoy it at first, you have the right to downplay everyone who has played it longer?
My drama thread probably has more positive reception than your server does, at least according to the feedback you got.  :cookieMonster:
Depends, a chuckle and a post on the forums isn't really the same as hours of enjoyment with your friends on a server.
I think everyone who said that 'Everything made by [Qi] is automatically bad' said it because they've been on your servers and saw the same problems I did.
I really would have appreciated more than just a middle finger; if they think it's bad they should make something better or help me make my thing better.
You can act like it was all my fault for demonizing it and making your server look bad, but I doubt it honestly.
I'm not trying to be unpleasant; I'm just trying to explain to you why you were banned. You demonized three small errors in the server within half an hour of playing it; therefore, we got rid of these problems, and we got rid of the ones demonizing these problems.

NOEDIT: And Nicepoint seemed to be cooperative, which makes your ban seem kinda out of the blue, Aoki.

NOEDIT #2: Then again he did make a drama, out of every choice he could have done, so Aoki isn't wrong either.

damn aoki, thanks for reinforcing my opinion that anything by your clan is stuff.

damn aoki, thanks for reinforcing my opinion that anything by your clan is stuff.
Please don't call my clan stuff; I'm trying my best, but I can't shuffle between finishing summer reading, development, managing a clan, and damage control.
It's unreasonable for you to view my clan with these extremely high expectations and then complain about how they weren't met.
I started a suggestion thread on my forum to see if we can start hosting some better stuff. Hopefully we will soon, but for now please don't shoot down my ideas before they come to fruition.

that was a bit rude i apologize

The first post brought three very small and very fixable issues to my attention; this result could have easily been brought about with nicer means.
The kind of 'very small' issues that make it impossible for new players to play the game without waiting for 38 minutes? They're easy to fix but I can't imagine the ineptitude needed to let that slip by.

The server has an active player base, so, yes, some people do think it's playable...
That doesn't actually indicate anything. If your server has high player turnover, you can still have like ~25 players at once, but if players are constantly leaving and new ones are rejoining, you aren't actually retaining a playerbase. I'm sure you have some regular players, but those are just the people who managed to patiently wait 38 minutes to actually get to the gameplay. The rest probably leave because, well, the game is literally unplayable.

You weren't really pleasant about relaying that message; I wouldn't be so upset if you would have sent me or c[_] a PM about these issues.
Is cynicism really a crime?

Oh, so because you didn't enjoy it at first, you have the right to downplay everyone who has played it longer?
This really epitomizes why you're being such a baby right now. Nothing I said makes the game any less fun for the people who managed to trudge through the completely non-functional interfaces and waiting-period in order to play on your server. All it really does is prevents other people from making the same mistake I did. :cookieMonster:

And if other people are dissuaded from playing on your server because of my complaints, that's just another reason for you to fix it. They would have left anyway because of the problems I pointed out.

Depends, a chuckle and a post on the forums isn't really the same as hours of enjoyment with your friends on a server
Did you remember to subtract the 38 minutes you have to wait before you can even play on your server?

if they think it's bad they should make something better or help me make my thing better.
It doesn't take a food safety inspector to know when food tastes like stuff, and it doesn't take an esteemed videogame developer to point out the glaring flaws in your game. And I'd argue that I did make your thing better, through the tried-and-tested process of negative reinforcement.

You demonized three small errors in the server within half an hour of playing it; therefore, we got rid of these problems, and we got rid of the ones demonizing these problems.

And you also got rid of anyone who can point out other problems on your server because, like you've said, you don't want 'negativity'. The only reason you probably fixed these problems is because I made a snarky, negative review of your server. That way when you ban me, you don't look stupid for banning someone for negative feedback and then never fixing it.

I'm trying my best, but I can't shuffle between finishing summer reading, development, managing a clan, and damage control.
Lol, you're going to have a lot of fun with the semi-heavy workload of high school classes. You remind me of a lot of people I know who pretend like they're bogged down under a bunch of responsibilities (but aren't), and then whine constantly about it.

The kind of 'very small' issues that make it impossible for new players to play the game without waiting for 38 minutes? They're easy to fix but I can't imagine the ineptitude needed to let that slip by.
What are you even trying to do with this bit? I'm genuinely curious.
That doesn't actually indicate anything. If your server has high player turnover, you can still have like ~25 players at once, but if players are constantly leaving and new ones are rejoining, you aren't actually retaining a playerbase. I'm sure you have some regular players, but those are just the people who managed to patiently wait 38 minutes to actually get to the gameplay. The rest probably leave because, well, the game is literally unplayable.
I know you think the game is unplayable; you've said is several times. It's up to the players to form their own opinions, and I didn't really think it was fair for you to dismiss the server's potential because of a few errors.
Is cynicism really a crime?
No, but it's not really going to help anyone.
This really epitomizes why you're being such a baby right now. Nothing I said makes the game any less fun for the people who managed to trudge through the completely non-functional interfaces and waiting-period in order to play on your server. All it really does is prevents other people from making the same mistake I did. :cookieMonster:
You were a case study; now that I've fixed these bugs, your case doesn't exist anymore. No one will have the same experience you've had ever again. That's why it would have been better for everyone for you to have sent me a PM or something.
And if other people are dissuaded from playing on your server because of my complaints, that's just another reason for you to fix it. They would have left anyway because of the problems I pointed out.
Did you remember to subtract the 38 minutes you have to wait before you can even play on your server?
It doesn't take a food safety inspector to know when food tastes like stuff, and it doesn't take an esteemed videogame developer to point out the glaring flaws in your game. And I'd argue that I did make your thing better, through the tried-and-tested process of negative reinforcement.
I went on the server within minutes of reading your drama; I change the databases value for starting money to 255, and I wrote a little script in c[_]'s add-on folder that does the same so it will apply on reboot. I also made a sign above the job building. Your complaints were very valid, but presentation is everything, and your presentation was not the best thing for me and the server.
And you also got rid of anyone who can point out other problems on your server because, like you've said, you don't want 'negativity'. The only reason you probably fixed these problems is because I made a snarky, negative review of your server. That way when you ban me, you don't look stupid for banning someone for negative feedback and then never fixing it.
From what I've read so far you are an extremely cynical and sarcastic person. In a community where mistakes are made left and right, you are poison.

I know you think the game is unplayable; you've said is several times. It's up to the players to form their own opinions
I don't mean that in a subjective sense. The game could not be played because of the technical problems.

From what I've read so far you are an extremely cynical and sarcastic person. In a community where mistakes are made left and right, you are poison.
Right on the first two marks, but pointing out mistakes is a valuable thing. You had a hissy fit because I pointed out the glaring problems in your game, and you banned me because I made your server look bad. There's no deep, philosophical justification for banning people for negative feedback. You're just upset because you let a bunch of really stupid mistakes slip by in your 'development' (I'm gonna use that term sparingly because your mod is essentially a copyedit of a finished product that is probably 95% identical to the original script).

You're obviously very busy reading Huck Finn and doing 'clan management' (whatever tasks that involves. I think it's pretty apparent by now how you run your server, and these threads speak for themselves.  :cookieMonster:

Because seeing as you haven't spelled his name right once, and that you showcased to the forums before reporting to the host points to you being the kind of person who wouldn't and frankly shouldn't be on this server.
People like you are what's killing Blockland.

If a person point out an issue with a server, the problem should be fixed, not that person getting banned.
What the forget is wrong with people?

I don't mean that in a subjective sense. The game could not be played because of the technical problems.
I fixed the technical problems making this drama, and most of your arguments like this, obsolete; please drop this line of argument.
Right on the first two marks, but pointing out mistakes is a valuable thing.
Important things aren't normally joked about.
You had a hissy fit because I pointed out the glaring problems in your game, and you banned me because I made your server look bad. There's no deep, philosophical justification for banning people for negative feedback.
It's pretty simple, isn't it? If you say bad things, people will normally feel bad, and if you say good things people will normally feel good. You choose to report these bugs by saying bad things; therefore, I felt bad.
You're just upset because you let a bunch of really stupid mistakes slip by in your 'development' (I'm gonna use that term sparingly because your mod is essentially a copyedit of a finished product that is probably 95% identical to the original script).
Lol, not really development mistakes.
1. I planned on just ignoring /help and answering all questions first hand; c[_] shouldn't have mentioned it.
2. Starting money is an RTB Pref.
3. The job building was right next to spawn, so while all the signs I placed were helpful, they were not needed.
4. The code that points players to the empty 404 is called "idiots.cs," I disabled this package, but it doesn't really affect game play.
You're obviously very busy reading Huck Finn and doing 'clan management' (whatever tasks that involves. I think it's pretty apparent by now how you run your server, and these threads speak for themselves.  :cookieMonster:
c[_] is the host.

People like you are what's killing Blockland.
I started a clan for the sake of reviving Blockland; comments like this are extremely insulting.
If a person point out an issue with a server, the problem should be fixed, not that person getting banned.
There's a very large gap between reporting a bug because you want to see it fixed, and creating an entire comedy routine with a community server as the butt of the joke.
What the forget is wrong with people?
I can't answer this...