Follow up on 'C[]'s [Qi] City RP'

Author Topic: Follow up on 'C[]'s [Qi] City RP'  (Read 8683 times)

So, to put it bluntly, you banned him because he gave negative feedback on something (with reasoning behind it).

I mean, I've already had administration problems before on [Qi] servers, but this just takes the cake. Good to know the owner is quicker to silence those with valid complaints instead of fixing them.

ggnore

So, to put it bluntly, you banned him because he gave negative feedback on something (with reasoning behind it).

I mean, I've already had administration problems before on [Qi] servers, but this just takes the cake. Good to know the owner is quicker to silence those with valid complaints instead of fixing them.

ggnore
No, read my posts before jumping to conclusions because this is very wrong.

Important things aren't normally joked about.
I suppose I should hold more reverence for the more important and serious things in life, like preserving the good reputation of a Blockland clan or offending the fragile e-rep of the leader.

If you say bad things, people will normally feel bad, and if you say good things people will normally feel good.
No way! But you just said that I'm very sarcastic, so naturally you wouldn't take criticisms from a sarcastic person on a deeply personal level, right? That would just be silly.

Just a thought, but maybe you shouldn't try to develop a game that players interact with, if you respond to negative criticism by getting personally offended and using your admin powers to silence the source of the complaint. If your skin is really that thin, you should pursue something that involves less person-to-person interaction.

If anything, I have more reason to be offended because my time has value. I'm of the age where I can actually work for money, and so every hour of my time is worth a base value of $7.25. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how your broken game works, so I should get refunded $3.62 for the opportunity cost I incurred from trying to play your game.

.Lol, not really development mistakes.
1. I planned on just ignoring /help and answering all questions first hand; c[_] shouldn't have mentioned it.
2. Starting money is an RTB Pref.
3. The job building was right next to spawn, so while all the signs I placed were helpful, they were not needed.
4. The code that points players to the empty 404 is called "idiots.cs," I disabled this package, but it doesn't really affect game play.
Sounds like a whole bunch of excuses. You can't make a point of saying how fast and easy it was for you to fix the problems I brought up, and then turn around and be like 'b-but these are all the reasons why it wasn't my fault why i couldn't f-fix these to begin with!'.

c[_] is the host.

And you are the admin. The only thing you're better at avoiding than negativity is context.

I started a clan for the sake of reviving Blockland; comments like this are extremely insulting.
Here comes the holier-than-thou attitude. You aren't reviving Blockland. Blockland's playerbase has actually been exploding because of Steam, and the amount of players we've gained in the last year was several times more than Blockland gained in the first 6 years it's been out on retail.

I'm sorry but you aren't fulfilling any kind of 'niche' in the community. Your mod isn't even really a developed product since it's probably 95% identical to the mod that you've based it on. Hell, show me where I can download the file and I'll actually do a comparison myself :).

There's a very large gap between reporting a bug because you want to see it fixed, and creating an entire comedy routine with a community server as the butt of the joke.
There's also a large gap between fixing negative criticism so that your game is more positively received, and just banning people so that negative criticism never reaches you.

Which do you think you're doing?

Nah, he banned me because I didn't give him negative feedback in an appropriate venue, not to say that it's not an equally stupid reason to ban someone.

gotta say, at least aoki took my kindly-worded advice seriously

image courtesy of comrade boltster

I suppose I should hold more reverence for the more important and serious things in life, like preserving the good reputation of a Blockland clan or offending the fragile e-rep of the leader.
If you think you're going to find a reason or situation where being an starfish is acceptable, please stop.
No way! But you just said that I'm very sarcastic, so naturally you wouldn't take criticisms from a sarcastic person on a deeply personal level, right? That would just be silly.
Ok, so you were just loving around...? I'd thought since you posted you cared.
Just a thought, but maybe you shouldn't try to develop a game that players interact with, if you respond to negative criticism by getting personally offended and using your admin powers to silence the source of the complaint. If your skin is really that thin, you should pursue something that involves less person-to-person interaction.
Making decisions that effect everyone based on one bad seed's experience isn't really how I do things.
You are welcome to express your opinion and share your constructive criticism on the clan's website as well as appeal your ban.
If anything, I have more reason to be offended because my time has value. I'm of the age where I can actually work for money, and so every hour of my time is worth a base value of $7.25.
That explains why you're acting so entitled.
I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how your broken game works, so I should get refunded $3.62 for the opportunity cost I incurred from trying to play your game.
I'm very sorry that I didn't specifically tailor my game mode to you?
Sounds like a whole bunch of excuses. You can't make a point of saying how fast and easy it was for you to fix the problems I brought up, and then turn around and be like 'b-but these are all the reasons why it wasn't my fault why i couldn't f-fix these to begin with!'.

And you are the admin. The only thing you're better at avoiding than negativity is context.
What are you trying to say here? Everything I've said has been true, and I've implemented all of the context into my decision making.
Here comes the holier-than-thou attitude.
Oh please, you've had the holier-than-thou attitude fueling every comment you've posted since the first post.
You aren't reviving Blockland.
I'm trying.
Blockland's playerbase has actually been exploding because of Steam, and the amount of players we've gained in the last year was several times more than Blockland gained in the first 6 years it's been out on retail.
Hasn't really change the amount of active players.
I'm sorry but you aren't fulfilling any kind of 'niche' in the community.
Nor are you.
Your mod isn't even really a developed product since it's probably 95% identical to the mod that you've based it on.
false
Hell, show me where I can download the file and I'll actually do a comparison myself :).
The file is private.
There's also a large gap between fixing negative criticism so that your game is more positively received, and just banning people so that negative criticism never reaches you.
Which do you think you're doing?
I've never banned anyone for a simple PM about a problem with my mod.

The last piece of negative criticism that I got was about me removing drugs in an update where I rewrote a lot of the code, so I shifted progress from the new code to the old code so I could keep my edits as well as Crome's and Iban's.

If you think you're going to find a reason or situation where being an starfish is acceptable, please stop.
Well, in my perspective, banning a guy for not giving you (valid) negative criticism in the venue that you want it sounds like some class-A starfish behavior to me. As they say, the starfish is in the eye of the beholder.

Ok, so you were just loving around...? I'd thought since you posted you cared.
My criticisms are valid. I'd say that I wasn't trying to personally attack you, but that's already evident since I never mention [Qi], you, or any of your admins. I did kinda make fun of c[_] by saying that he maybe put in all the glitches as some test of patience for the players, but I don't think he'll take it that seriously. He definitely won't throw a hissy fit like you did.

You are welcome to express your opinion and share your constructive criticism on the clan's website as well as appeal your ban.
It's funny because everything I said was inherently constructive. I gave extremely specific complaints that you were able to fix. First, you told me I was banned because I didn't privately send you these complaints. Now, it's because my complaints weren't 'constructive enough'.

Tell me, which one of my criticisms was nonconstructive? But this time stick to your story  :cookieMonster:

That explains why you're acting so entitled.
I knew the word 'entitled' would get thrown around sooner or later. I saw it ahead of time in that holier-than-thou attitude of yours. If I didn't know better, you're the kind of guy who stands in front of big wooden doors with a dumb smile and some kind of cheap prep school jacket.

false
pretty sure it's true, but since the file is private I guess we'll never know. Richard Stallman would have something to say about this :(

I didn't specifically tailor my game mode to you?
You clearly did not tailor it to the average player either since the feedback on my thread was pretty much unanimously in agreement with every complaint I listed.

Oh please, you've had the holier-than-thou attitude fueling every comment you've posted since the first post.
Now that you mention it, I don't think I have. What do you say, other people in the thread? Have I been acting uptight and pretentious in this thread?

Well, in my perspective, banning a guy for not giving you (valid) negative criticism in the venue that you want it sounds like some class-A starfish behavior to me.
This is class A bullstuff, you've made it quite clear that you don't want to loving play at c[_]'s server.

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have. What do you say, other people in the thread? Have I been acting uptight and pretentious in this thread?
naw

This is class A bullstuff, you've made it quite clear that you don't want to loving play at c[_]'s server.
Well, I did for a little while, but I already went over why that didn't work.

Well, I did for a little while, but I already went over why that didn't work.
Lol, you probably spent more than 38 minutes on your drama topic alone.

Lol, you probably spent more than 38 minutes on your drama topic alone.
Yeah, it's great isn't it?

Yeah, it's great isn't it?
It's very well written, I even made the "Ye Old Job Build" sign in game. I just don't think it was necessary as it brought me and my clan a lot of undeserved hate.

It's very well written, I even made the "Ye Old Job Build" sign in game. I just don't think it was necessary as it brought me and my clan a lot of undeserved hate.
Was it my finely-crafted thread or the really obvious problems in the game that brought it? Since if it's the latter, you can't really call it 'undeserved' since it's not like I fabricated everything I put in that thread.

Also, didn't think I should mention this, but the whole 'banning me for posting the thread' thing didn't help too much with your clan's image either lol.