Mk22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy" - "Tranquilizer" pistol

Author Topic: Mk22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy" - "Tranquilizer" pistol  (Read 2671 times)

Basically what I want is the tranquilizer pistol from the Metal Gear Solid series.
No, it doesn't have to actually put players/bots in an unconscious state, it just has to reflect the stamina damage it inflicts as actual damage.

For instance,
if the bot/player gets a dart to the head, they are instantly out (100 damage).
If they are hit anywhere else, there will be a minor decrease in health (like 20 damage or something) and their health will slowly drop to zero. That way, the player can either continue to shoot to get the job done faster, or run away and wait for the enemy to drop.

There should be a firing delay of about 1 second.

As for appearance and sound, anything resembling a silenced pistol should do (you could even just borrow the model from the silenced default gun add-on if you can find it), and you could probably just take the sounds from that as well.

I suggested this a long time ago, but nobody made it. I really hope someone makes this.

I suggested this a long time ago, but nobody made it. I really hope someone makes this.
I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to make, since there's already addons that have separate damage for headshots and addons that have "poison damage".

Done.
Let me test it in game, and I will put it in here.

Done.
Let me test it in game, and I will put it in here.
Sweeto.

Here you go
http://puu.sh/aBPOJ/6a8dddfb88.zip
When I tested this in-game this weapon felt extremely OP with the headshots.
I will nerf them in the Add-Ons release, and I will add the unconscious state for it as well.

Here you go
http://puu.sh/aBPOJ/6a8dddfb88.zip
When I tested this in-game this weapon felt extremely OP with the headshots.
I will nerf them in the Add-Ons release, and I will add the unconscious state for it as well.
Thanks.
Could you provide a version with the OP headshots AND the unconciousness?
If I were to use this in a gamemode (adventure map sort of thing) would you mind me posting a link to download this alternate version?

Also, my only problem with this is that it seems to have too fast of a fire rate. The one in the games has about a one-second delay between firing. Is that something that I could easily just edit myself?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:33:16 PM by Sitrus »

Thanks.
Could you provide a version with the OP headshots AND the unconciousness?
If I were to use this in a gamemode (adventure map sort of thing) would you mind me posting a link to download this alternate version?

Also, my only problem with this is that it seems to have too fast of a fire rate. The one in the games has about a one-second delay between firing. Is that something that I could easily just edit myself?
Yeah, just change stateTimeoutValue[3] at line 246 to something higher. Bear in mind that this is the "smoke" state and it happens after the firing.