Author Topic: parents just bought netflix... but. Updates. dad wont talk to me  (Read 3105 times)

ok guys... you will not believe this...

so i asked my dad if i could talk to him about something. he sat down at the kitchen table and asked "What is it buddy?"
i said "i want to know why you dont want me to have access to the netflix." i said this in a professional respectful tone.
he then replies in a snotty annoyed tone "because i dont trust you guys to not watch bad movies"
i replied "well, you know i wouldnt watch that kind of stuff, i mean you do trust us to go to friends houses and watch movies there, you also trust us to use the internet."
he replied again in a snotty tone "do you want me to take the internet away?! stop arguing with me"
he then left the room.

ok one. that wasn't an argument. that was me trying to politely and respectfully ask him questions as to why he limits my netflix access.
and two. if he isnt willing to have a mature two sided fair discussion\debate about something with me then what the loving hell is the point in speaking to him at all about anything.

he either hates me and doesnt respect me as an equal human being or he realizes the stupidity in his decisions and doesnt want to make himself look dumb or something IDFK.

i love my dad and i respect him. but this stuff makes me want to punch him in the face
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:38:01 PM by Starkiller »

ok guys... you will not believe this...

so i asked my dad if i could talk to him about something. he sat down at the kitchen table and asked "What is it buddy?"
i said "i want to know why you dont want me to have access to the netflix." i said this in a professional respectful tone.
he then replies in a snotty annoyed tone "because i dont trust you guys to not watch bad movies"
i replied "well, you know i wouldnt watch that kind of stuff, i mean you do trust us to go to friends houses and watch movies there, you also trust us to use the internet."
he replied again in a snotty tone "do you want me to take the internet away?! stop arguing with me"
he then left the room.

ok one. that wasn't an argument. that was me trying to politely and respectfully ask him questions as to why he limits my netflix access.
and two. if he isnt willing to have a mature two sided fair discussion\debate about something with me then what the loving hell is the point in speaking to him at all about anything.

he either hates me and doesnt respect me as an equal human being or he realizes the stupidity in his decisions and doesnt want to make himself look dumb or something IDFK.

wow good luck, i feel like i can relate since this is the same kind of thing my dad would probably do in the situation

in about a month he will let up and gives us access. that is guaranteed. but the fact that he refuses to logically back his decision is upsetting. makes me feel like he doesnt know what he is doing as a parent

tbh the way you're reacting isnt really the best way to react
"ogm my dad doesnt let me use netflix he hates me as a human being he is soooo stupid idfk....."

tbh the way you're reacting isnt really the best way to react
"ogm my dad doesnt let me use netflix he hates me as a human being he is soooo stupid idfk....."
He's not saying that because his dad won't let him use netflix, he's saying that because his dad is not willing to listen to him try to politely ask why he won't let him use netflix

I also feel like I can relate to op, my dad likes to act like I'm arguing any time I try to politely tell him he is wrong/doing something wrong
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:43:23 PM by Dragonslayer182 »

tbh the way you're reacting isnt really the best way to do
... this is far from the end of the world. this is a small event in my life that will pass away to a mere memory in a very short time. dealing with these situations helps me become a better person. i would rather fight small fights then lay down and accept every single thing life throws at me.

netflix is not as important as being able to have mature conversations with my father. and that is what this is about now
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:47:52 PM by Starkiller »

Splash splash I was taking a bath. Ran out and hid under the bed when death came from the faucet. All because I wouldn't control my breathing addiction.
Oh gosh I almost laughed out loud and everyone is asleep. :o

sounds like my dad lol