Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 122881 times)

Okay. Here's my two cents on the new update and all that kindah stuff. I've played Blockland since early 2009 (my first ID was around 14k, I think?) And anyway, the game has always been great and it's general theme is based on YOUR creativity. What is there from BadSpot's side to add to the game, more? You got the bricks and you also got the tools, go ahead and create. If all of you guys think that you can actually just mod everything into the game then why don't you? This game's been running since 2007 if I am correct and a game can't keep getting updates for so many years and it's actually a miracle it has and that BadSpot had still cared. The Torque Engine is a fossil to begin with and getting too many updates can be really, really, hard. Someone runs out of ideas at some point and he can't really keep going like it's easy. It's not that easy to maintain a game for ALL those years and if anyone actually thinks he could pull something like this off, then go ahead and try. But if there's something to be suggested it can be dropped here. And let's face it, the interiors weren't really that needed and weren't that useful either way either. I think someone made some kind of terrain editor that anyone can actually use in here. But back then according to what I remember, nagged Badspot about shaders. Even though BadSpot had explained that shaders are not able to be made due to the cave-age engine, he did still actually update the game WITH the shaders. So what's the problem now with all the old-school blocklanders nagging Badspot about no interiors?

Besides that, nowhere in any of Blockland's details is it stated that the game will receive lifetime updates.
Quote from: From Blockland's Steam page.
Blockland is a non-linear sandbox game with no set goals, giving players the freedom to design and construct elaborate structures.

Quote from: From the greenlight page.
Q: Is this an MMO?
A: Nope. It's a regular you-host-a-game-and-people-join-it sort of game with real FPS controls. With a good connection, 32 players can easily fit on a single server. Several users have had 64 or even 100 players on a single dedicated server.

And nowhere is it stated in the greenlight pages that the game is gonna receive lifetime updates. I know this thread is pretty much dead but I felt the need to post my opinion on this matter.

a few pages in lol
I don't see where he was banned, even after reading through. Maybe I'm blind but could someone show me where? I feel he just gave his opinion and dashed off.

Oh, hey CantoXe, never thought I'd see you again.

I don't see where he was banned, even after reading through. Maybe I'm blind but could someone show me where? I feel he just gave his opinion and dashed off.

It may have been a silent ban, actually.
Or Badspot removed the post or something.

I don't even know you?
But yeah, it was a silent ban around 6-9th page.

And anyway, the game has always been great and it's general theme is based on YOUR creativity. What is there from BadSpot's side to add to the game, more? You got the bricks and you also got the tools, go ahead and create. If all of you guys think that you can actually just mod everything into the game then why don't you?
I guess you haven't read everything properly. There are some things that are either impossible with mods, or are extremely hacky to the point where no one wants to use it because of how poorly it operates.
This game's been running since 2007 if I am correct and a game can't keep getting updates for so many years and it's actually a miracle it has and that BadSpot had still cared.
He cares because he wants it to be more successful. He just needs to act on that.
Someone runs out of ideas at some point and he can't really keep going like it's easy. It's not that easy to maintain a game for ALL those years and if anyone actually thinks he could pull something like this off, then go ahead and try. But if there's something to be suggested it can be dropped here.
We've suggested many things. All of which were ignored or rejected. Some even had a 'witty' remark as their only response.
And let's face it, the interiors weren't really that needed and weren't that useful either way either.
Agreed.
Besides that, nowhere in any of Blockland's details is it stated that the game will receive lifetime updates.
And nowhere is it stated in the greenlight pages that the game is gonna receive lifetime updates. I know this thread is pretty much dead but I felt the need to post my opinion on this matter.
Badspot had said himself that he wants to update the game. Once said that he wants it to be more successful than it is, and a time before that he said he wants it to be at a point where modders can just take care of everything. The problem is that he has some sort of hatred towards modders, just because a few of them keep all their work to themselves. This is going to happen in any game, but that's never stopped developers from adding more modding support. And since all this, the only modding support we were given was gamemodes, which, was a neat idea, it was just lacking a lot of crucial things. They're pretty much just packed up servers. No customization, options, or anything.

I think we should have more hats, hats would be nice.

I think everything is K