Author Topic: Organized Color-Set [Please Re-download, Updated!]  (Read 3537 times)

How exactly would the transparent purple and pink be used? I can't think of a normal situation where these colors are useful.
what do you need transparent red for? transparent bright blue? transparent green? orange?

anyway
here's more detailed input
anything with white lines over them I think you should get rid of
what should you replace them with? idk. but they're unnecessary, and I'm sure you can find better and more useful colors
and any rectangle with a white outline is what I think you should replace that color with

btw, green is a terrible color. you really don't need more than one or two, and that's just for grass and trees
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:22:41 AM by Foxscotch »

btw, green is a terrible color. you really don't need more than one or two, and that's just for grass and trees
Really? I find that having at least four straight up greens for plants is useful. A straight up green, that olive drab, a dark green, and a light green. That is just for plant life too, if you want interior walls you should have a soft/pale one (maybe both). Depending on the colors you select some of these may overlap. Furthermore, a dark green-blue makes another excellent plant color.

I don't know what is bad about the dark colors, it's still a variety of darker colors than the normal colors.
Because they're just standard but with a linear amount of less color.
I've also been criticized for this on my colorset. So then I started messing around with the colors, so I could make them actually dark colors that aren't just linear reductions of the standard. Then they actually looked pretty neat and unique. And then people stopped complaining about my colorset. But also didn't use it. Basically a colorset has to be perfect from the start. Good luck.

Because they're just standard but with a linear amount of less color.
I've also been criticized for this on my colorset. So then I started messing around with the colors, so I could make them actually dark colors that aren't just linear reductions of the standard. Then they actually looked pretty neat and unique. And then people stopped complaining about my colorset. But also didn't use it. Basically a colorset has to be perfect from the start. Good luck.
I am thinking that I may just make the "Darks" into "Softs and Darks". In a fashion like the greyscale and brownscale, having the Soft colors at the top and the Dark colors at the bottom and somewhat merging in the middle without making the softs darker or the darks softer.