Author Topic: Fluidity Player (Climbing Mod) [8/15/14]  (Read 14763 times)

The code could have used more comments every now and again but other than that. This is the first new add-on I've installed in about a year or two, you have earned my seal of approval.

I also assume if anyone wanted to add fluidity to their own playertypes one would be able to assume adding:
Code: [Select]
canFluid = 1;
canPhysFlip = 1;
Would do it?

I also assume if anyone wanted to add fluidity to their own playertypes one would be able to assume adding:
Code: [Select]
canFluid = 1;
canPhysFlip = 1;
Would do it?
The canPhysFlip allows you to physics roll with Physics Jump player enabled. That mod, however, is super hacky and I probably won't release it. As for adding climbing to another playertype, you pretty much literally have to copy the whole script over and rename everything. canFluid is just a shortcut so I don't have to say %data.getName() $= "PlayerFluidity" || %data.getName() $= "PlayerFluidNoJump" etc. over and over.

Good work. It's amazing

The canPhysFlip allows you to physics roll with Physics Jump player enabled. That mod, however, is super hacky and I probably won't release it. As for adding climbing to another playertype, you pretty much literally have to copy the whole script over and rename everything. canFluid is just a shortcut so I don't have to say %data.getName() $= "PlayerFluidity" || %data.getName() $= "PlayerFluidNoJump" etc. over and over.
I would recommend then for your next version that you design it so that it would work the way I suggested; that way more people (The coder variety) can utilize modified versions of the player-type without changing the base or playing a game of copy-paste.

In other words: Next update make it so that adding canFluid = 1; and your playertype will function in the same way as the base; so I and others can have player-types with other abilities besides just fluidity as well.

I would recommend then for your next version that you design it so that it would work the way I suggested; that way more people (The coder variety) can utilize modified versions of the player-type without changing the base or playing a game of copy-paste.

In other words: Next update make it so that adding canFluid = 1; and your playertype will function in the same way as the base; so I and others can have player-types with other abilities besides just fluidity as well.
Well for one, the mod uses 3 different necessary player datablocks. What that means is, the climbing wouldn't work at all, or the playertype would switch back to Fluidity Player. Additionally, all the functions were made and tested for Fluidity Player specifically. As far as a next version, I essentially quit Blockland upon releasing this add-on.

WOH

beautiful

and beautiful presentation of it

Well for one, the mod uses 3 different necessary player datablocks. What that means is, the climbing wouldn't work at all, or the playertype would switch back to Fluidity Player. Additionally, all the functions were made and tested for Fluidity Player specifically. As far as a next version, I essentially quit Blockland upon releasing this add-on.
You should use Space Guy's datablock swap support then, as its designed to hold and keep track of previous datablocks while changing them. You can find a copy of it inside of T+T2 (the one with the LMG). As for claiming that the climbing system would not work at all because it uses multiple datablocks is nonsense, as we can also see with T+T where another slow-movement playertype is used for the LMG and is swapped from any playertype you are using, regardless of type. The amount of playertypes is irrelevant; since you only swap between them when you are performing a very specific set of actions.

But I suppose that would put me in the position to fix this then if you've quit; shame your comments are severely lacking so I cannot determine what functions I need to modify; although I can't imagine it would be too difficult to go through the effort of doing so. Thing is, I'm really lazy; so if anyone else wants to take up this task before me, that'd probably be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:45:16 AM by Rykuta »

You should use Space Guy's datablock swap support then, as its designed to hold and keep track of previous datablocks while changing them. You can find a copy of it inside of T+T2 (the one with the LMG). As for claiming that the climbing system would not work at all because it uses multiple datablocks is nonsense, as we can also see with T+T where another slow-movement playertype is used for the LMG and is swapped from any playertype you are using, regardless of type. The amount of playertypes is irrelevant; since you only swap between them when you are performing a very specific set of actions.

But I suppose that would put me in the position to fix this then if you've quit; shame your comments are severely lacking so I cannot determine what functions I need to modify; although I can't imagine it would be too difficult to do.
Don't talk like I owe you something. If you want all those changes, do it yourself.