Author Topic: Killing Blockland installations through slayer  (Read 20839 times)

Ephialtes didn't stuff on anything. He just left.
And took his work with him, which the majority of the community was invested it and contributed to.  I would call it irresponsible to say the least.

It's not nice, but it's not even remotely comparable to destroying Blockland installations. What was he supposed to do, just arbitrarily toss a decade of work onto someone else's lap?

It's not nice, but it's not even remotely comparable to destroying Blockland installations. What was he supposed to do, just arbitrarily toss a decade of work onto someone else's lap?

It's not like he was doing anything with it or using it to help someone else.

How about just keep it running? Many people offered to pay the cost of the rtb vps. It would have cost him nothing.

By taking down rtb connect and the add-on hosting he destroyed a large part of the social aspect of the game.

How about just keep it running? Many people offered to pay the cost of the rtb vps. It would have cost him nothing.

By taking down rtb connect and the add-on hosting he destroyed a large part of the social aspect of the game.
Only because y'all refuse to use alternatives.

Only because y'all refuse to use alternatives.
How can we use alternatives when we have none? Wtf is this post?

obviously, steam chat is a perfect replacement for the RTB mod manager. how could you not know this crispy?

obviously, steam chat is a perfect replacement for the RTB mod manager. how could you not know this crispy?
There are alternate mods for chatting out there though?
Hell, one's at the top of the add-ons right now.

i'm pretty sure he meant like a replacement for rtb, such as add-on management and communicating with the community etc etc
though it would be cool if we had workshop support

Hell, one's at the top of the add-ons right now.
...where?

no one should be using anything but steam chat anyways.
when rtb firat had its irc it was outdayed and pointless to begin with. it even split the community for the sake of having bells and whistles

Did having a Blockland-wide IRC room have any positive effects at all? I honestly can't think of one unless you count "spam zoo."

Did having a Blockland-wide IRC room have any positive effects at all? I honestly can't think of one unless you count "spam zoo."
rtb connect had many more useful features than the silly spam room.

i'm pretty sure he meant like a replacement for rtb, such as add-on management and communicating with the community etc etc
though it would be cool if we had workshop support
that was sarcasm. and I said mod manager. not RTB chat

well mod manager was def a thing and he just killed it

but yeah you can't compare it to what zapk did

rtb connect had many more useful features than the silly spam room.
I know, it just only occurred to me now that the only thing I used the main chat room for was finding people not on my friends list that I wanted to talk to, and the only times I remember looking at it it was being flooded with spam, whining about Blockbot, or people advertising servers I had no interest in joining.