Author Topic: Admin Abuse - What you can do to stop it.  (Read 4966 times)

(A few seconds later)

I thought it said animal abuse.

I thought it said animal abuse.
animal abuse, what you can do to stop it.

first stop clenching your animals neck that's not good
take the rope off of its legs and feed it again

A good centralised guideline is:

-Have only 2, maybe 3 SA-s, that way good admins will see a point, in administrating your server
-Don't keep someone, who doesn't do anything to administrate the server admin, just because he doesn't do any harm, doesn't mean he doesn't deteoriate your admin quality.
-Get a moderator system, as a stepping stone
-Don't give significant status to contributors, make a reward system
-Don't give SA, just to let someone use eval as a coder, there is a eval add-on, that let's the host grant it and revoke it from any player with a command.

-Don't give SA, just to let someone use eval as a coder, there is a eval add-on, that let's the host grant it and revoke it from any player with a command.
Console access gives you so much more power than SA ever could. There's no point in that.

Console access gives you so much more power than SA ever could. There's no point in that.
I would like to bring up one of the points i brought up earlier, don't give status to contributors (coders) Use a reward system. It's better than to give every coder SA and every SA eval

A good centralised guideline is:

-Have only 2, maybe 3 SA-s, that way good admins will see a point, in administrating your server
-Don't keep someone, who doesn't do anything to administrate the server admin, just because he doesn't do any harm, doesn't mean he doesn't deteoriate your admin quality.
-Get a moderator system, as a stepping stone
-Don't give significant status to contributors, make a reward system

Thank you, at least some people are staying on topic. I'll be sure to keep these pointers in mind. However i do have a few questions/concerns. Firstly, what are your thoughts on admin promotions? (Admin to Super Admin). Secondly, i don't believe its wise to implement a reward system, that still leaves a few holes as a player could utilize the reward system to obtain admin under false pretenses, which would lead to admin abuse. This all goes back to my point of only giving admin to players that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt will not abuse their power. As for the contributors thing, that point is based on the assumption that hosts will commonly award admin to players who contribute to the server, i don't award admin period, i again feel that admin should only be given to players who can prove that they will uphold the responsibility.

P.S, to the other people of this topic, this response is to Dannu only, not you. Save yourself some trouble and don't quote or reply to this unless you have something RELEVANT to add to this.

Whoa now Cca, pretty sure we're friends and end up with admin on each others servers, that 100% makes us bad hosts, I'd like to say I'm friends with TBD too, and we also have admin on each others servers. So that makes three bad hosts, and one of the three of us was hosting a constantly full dogfight server. Which in turn means that server sucked, and the host sucked. Just ignore that we're not bad hosts at all, and that the server was full for about a month straight, and the fact that people always said how they loved it and the admins weren't abusing, and that makes us all 100% bad hosts and admins. Remember kiddies,
Do NOT!:
-Give Admin to someone just because you're friends.
because that's about the only reason I ever get admin and I'm obviously a horrid admin.