Author Topic: Server Crashes When Some People Join  (Read 52788 times)

Apparently it's a hosting service. It must be mad underground I haven't seen a single thing about outside of this thread.

Apparently it's a hosting service. It must be mad underground I haven't seen a single thing about outside of this thread.
I don't know a whole lot about computer networking, but if the hosting website needed to keep people's keys on their server, shouldn't they have been encrypted or something?

I don't know a whole lot about computer networking, but if the hosting website needed to keep people's keys on their server, shouldn't they have been encrypted or something?
They can't stay encrypted and still be able to let Blockland use them.

Th-
yeah basically that
Also apparently someone figured out a way to extract keys from a key.dat, so there's that.

Huh, well stuff. Then why even have Blockland hosting services if they're vulnerable to attack?

Huh, well stuff. Then why even have Blockland hosting services if they're vulnerable to attack?
because muh fame n fortune
At least from the proprietor's perspective anyway. Users will buy into them just because they're cheaper and simpler than getting an actual VPS. At an obvious cost.

we're all doomed oh noo
dun dun dun
mission impossible : badspot under watch

Worst case scenari he'll just try to "hack" Badspot's Forum account or something. In the end, it wont even matter because he can just unban those falsely banned, or make a new account and delete the old one.

There is literally nothing he can do that Badspot can't fix unless it somehow affects us too.

they're probably just gonna spam the forums with gore and research lol, usual stuff

worst possible thing they can do is a ddos

oh no guys they got a mastermind plan set up

we're all doomed oh noo
holy loving stuff
"badspot is the downfall of this game"
how many times have you stated this you handicaps

oh no guys they got a mastermind plan set up

we're all doomed oh noo
WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS WHAT IF THEY HAVE TO SAVE THEIR BABIES

THEN I HAVE TO BE handicapped TO DO ANYTHING

Th-yeah basically that
Also apparently someone figured out a way to extract keys from a key.dat, so there's that.
I'm pretty sure this is practically impossible.

Also Cowboy told me they have not accessed their FTP server so there's no way of them having our keys. Cca's just trying to stir stuff up.

It's theoretically possible, and I've read multiple times that it's been done.

Also Cowboy told me they have not accessed their FTP server so there's no way of them having our keys. Cca's just trying to stir stuff up.
not impossible. some guys even demonstrated it years ago. they got banned i think or they were your usual problem users.

i think trinick knows something go ask him