ZSNO's Soft Shader Switcher

Author Topic: ZSNO's Soft Shader Switcher  (Read 10373 times)

For those of you who don't have or don't know how to use soft shaders, this add-on (originally by ZSNO & polished by Zapk), allows you to set keybinds for different levels of soft shaders, including soft, ultra, and performance settings.

You'll need to replace your current shaders folder with the one provided in the link,
and you'll need to place the provided client_SoftShaders.zip in your Add-ons folder.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?5i7ey8725cn715n

*This add on was already released but it was hidden on the 2nd page of a mod discussion topic. I thought it deserved its own add on topic so that more than 3 people will actually see it. I didn't make this add on.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:52:26 PM by Farad »

nice, What are some of the settings on this?

nice, What are some of the settings on this?
soft, ultra, and performance settings - all different types of soft shadows
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:52:52 AM by Farad »

"Windows cannot open the folder.

The Compresses (zipped) Folder 'C:\Users\pcnamehere\Downloads\Shader Switcher - unzip to Blockland.zip' is invalid."

Did anyone else get this?

yes, heres a reupload
https://www.mediafire.com/?5ojzkzrv29qqi4g
also did op get permission to even put this here? it doesn't really seem finished

also did op get permission to even put this here?
No, he did not.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:08:47 PM by SpongeCraft1212 »

also did op get permission to even put this here? it doesn't really seem finished

Nope it seems, and ZSNO wasn't very alright when Eksi released it on his topic

yes, heres a reupload
https://www.mediafire.com/?5ojzkzrv29qqi4g
I don't think the creator ever intended to finish it even to the point it's at now. It was released over a month ago, just in a place where few people would see it. The add on seemed so useful that it would be wrong to not put it in a place where more people would see it. I'll contact the maker and polisher ASAP

I don't have much scripting experience, so I can't tell what about it doesn't seem finished. All I know is that it functions and I haven't noticed any bugs. What doesn't seem finished?

I'll fix the link when I get home from work. sorry for issue

What doesn't seem finished?

it isn't an addon and the addon inside of it isn't in .zip format

it isn't an addon and the addon inside of it isn't in .zip format
Oh thanks. I'll fix it as soon as I get home. I thought you meant something was wrong with the add on itself. That would be much worse

I'm confused how it's not an add on though. Do you mean it's not compressed to zip yet?

I have a better version of this, but I wasn't planning on releasing it either.

Why do you people keep releasing the thing I made in 5 minutes for Eksi to switch shaders fast?
This thing is over a year old, if you want something this like, remake it be to 10x better.

Why do you people keep releasing the thing I made in 5 minutes for Eksi to switch shaders fast?
This thing is over a year old, if you want something this like, remake it be to 10x better.
I guess people don't know how. I know I don't. But I've been putting more time into learning how to script lately, so maybe I can eventually make these things myself. An issue I have with learning script is time.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. If you want me to take it down, let me know. I wouldn't understand how to make a perfectly functional add on 10x better though, so then there would be less people with soft shaders.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:04:31 PM by Farad »

Why does it matter if you make it or someone else does? after all it only took you 5 minutes so it's not hard work.

Then why don't you remake it?