VODKA OCELOT - A Tank RP set in the same universe as ABS FIESTA!

Author Topic: VODKA OCELOT - A Tank RP set in the same universe as ABS FIESTA!  (Read 17034 times)

I sweep aside the fabric door and step into the light, holding an arm against my brow as I'm greeted by the mid-morning sun.

It's as fine a day as ever. Wouldn't have suspected a thing if I hadn't just been ordered to defend our capital.

The sky was littered with groups of fighters coming seemingly from every direction, racing for the north. The shrieking of the propeller engines was barely audible over the cacophony of clattering as engineers and infantrymen alike skittered across the gravel, hoisting equipment and weaponry in a rush to complete preparations.

I walk hastily towards the Panzer IV. The smell of oil and heavy machinery was nearly overwhelming as I climbed up onto the tank and slipped through the hatch. Matthew was already inside and waiting.

"Ready for a little excitement?," I ask as I pick my way through the interior and hop into the gunner's seat.

I yawn the forget out of my body, taking my hat off my face that I used to snooze of. I get out of my bed, squint my eyes, walk groggily to the mess tent to get two muffins and a hot towel, and shuffle sleepily to the [insert team b tank here] that I load and gun gun shoot shoot in. I walk by a private who looked tired as forget and tossed the hot towel at him, telling him to get the forget up. He walked away after mumbling "thanks I guess."

"What a loving hypocrite, Sergeant," says the Commanding Officer of this whole shinaz' 'n all.

I honestly hate the forgeter. I hold my coffee cup and two muffins in one hand/arm-against-side-to-save-delicious muffins and salute with the other. "Good mornin', Sir!" I say. "Just hopin' to get some people to wake up 'n all, being selfless, that's it Sir!"

"Yeah, alright. Get in your bloody tank." He does a lazy salute and heads towards the command tent. I walk, a little more awake from the coffee, to my crews' tank.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:49:21 AM by Swat 3 »

okay so what am i doing because i'm not getting the job i applied for so i'd like to know if im gunner or what
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:53:33 AM by mlockha »

okay so what am i doing because i'm not getting the job i applied for so i'd like to know if im gunner or what
you are secondary gunner so you wipe my forehead when I am shooting people

The CO is surely working himself up, I think to myself. Written orders flesh out every detail that the CO missed. I take my copy and walk to the tank, reading the orders all the way. The drone of massive engines and the ominous sounds of tracks fill the air. Adding to this is the thunder of aircraft in the morning sky, all sorts of them, heading north.

The driver's head pokes out of his hole. I take it as a good sign, considering he actually woke up this morning. I walk up to the tank and begin inspecting its exterior, checking the Schürzen around the turret to make sure that it was bolted on correctly. It all seems fine. I take a quick inventory of our spares as well, spare tracks, cogs, repair supplies. It all seems to be there.

I climb up onto the tank's bow.

"Good morning," I say to the man sitting in the driver's compartment.

Without waiting for a response I step up to the commander's cupola. The Gunner is already waiting in the turret, from what I can see. I lower myself in to the turret, and take my crusher and headset, and put them on. I stand up through the cupola and look at the driver.

"Start it up!" I yell over the thunder of steel.

you are secondary gunner so you wipe my forehead when I am shooting people
lol no

Sergeant Connor "Joystick" Daxton - Gunner/Loader - Swat 3
Sergeant Ulysses T. Burham - Machine Gun Operator - mlockha

you fire the main gun and load it, i fire machine gun
let us make porlaq go boom boom

Justin awoke with a yawn, staring up at the ceiling of his barracks.  He got up, doing his morning routine of getting showered and ready, taking a good thirty minutes, clearly behind schedule.  He then left the barracks, rubbing his eyes and placing a pair of sunglasses over his eyes, looking up at the morning sun and smiling, "It's gonna be a good day," he said, walking over to the mess to get a cup of coffee and a nice breakfast of slop.

I wake up. I yawn a barely audible "stuff" and head over to the tank, where it is waiting. I hop in, ignoring everyone else, and start up the radio transmitter, doing the correct procedures to make sure everything is working.

Ulysses wakes up and does his morning routine, walking to the tank and checking the machine gun.

I get on the intercom.

"Radioman, get a radio check with the other vehicles, driver, start her up,"

Iwan's morning coffee is interrupted by a poorly organized quick briefing. After the CO is finished giving orders, Iwan places a cigarette between his lips, lights it, and lets it rest lazily between them before walking briskly towards the Tiger I he commanded, evading infantrymen running around from time to time.

As he approaches the tank, he sees sergeants Burham and Daxton doing routine pre-mission checks to their stations. Iwan takes the cigarette out of his mouth, "Sergeant Burham!" He says sternly, "Where the forget is Corporal Willis and Corporal Perry? Go find them. Now."

Iwan climbs on top of the tank's turret and opens the hatch letting him climb into the top, where the commander and gunner would sit. He grabs his helmet and flips on his radio transmitting to the lead tank, "Alpha, Bravo, radio check."

Also posting this for reference for my crew:

Radio operator sits right of the driver, and I guess since we only have one gunner he'll have to load hisself.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:26:41 AM by Mikoyan »

The tank roars to life as I start it up.
"Ready as I'll ever be," I say, barely audible over the roar of the engine. The tank lurches forward as I get her moving.

Meanwhile, in another room, Corporal Willis is yelled at for not being outside with the rest of us and getting his tank started the forget up.

Wait what is miko using a tiger?

Wait what is miko using a tiger?
It doesn't really matter I'm assuming there was another very short war and they got all these tanks developed and stuff just in time for this one