Author Topic: Banned for hitting the host with a push broom...  (Read 2384 times)

why does everyone hate buildbot so much wtf

Apparently an actually useful tool is cheating when it comes to building something.

But it does have it's downsides.

Basically, it circumvents the admins-only loading system, so some pretty stupid stuff can be loaded in, and such.

Buildbot isn't that terrible imo, but it is sorta cheating in a competition build
My logic for this is that if a competition build is announced and players are only supposed to build an entry in one day on a server, they can start building when the contest is announced and buildbot their creation into the server when there are no active admins on and have a serious advantage over other entrants.

Apparently an actually useful tool is cheating when it comes to building something.

But it does have it's downsides.

Basically, it circumvents the admins-only loading system, so some pretty stupid stuff can be loaded in, and such.
The admin-only loading system is to prevent people from loading mass-spam builds. Build bot is much much slower so that's not even a problem.

Buildbot isn't that terrible imo, but it is sorta cheating in a competition build
My logic for this is that if a competition build is announced and players are only supposed to build an entry in one day on a server, they can start building when the contest is announced and buildbot their creation into the server when there are no active admins on and have a serious advantage over other entrants.
Banning it in a competition is totally fine, but otherwise why get rid of it?

Banning it in a competition is totally fine, but otherwise why get rid of it?
Fort wars, perhaps?  With action going on, players might move and mess up the build, or they get killed.  E.g. a recipe for spam.

Fort wars, perhaps?  With action going on, players might move and mess up the build, or they get killed.  E.g. a recipe for spam.
Most if not all players would clear their bricks and try again.

Most if not all players would clear their bricks and try again.
Either way, using buildbot disrupts brick placement and slows down the server.

Either way, using buildbot disrupts brick placement and slows down the server.
How so?

The bricks per second limit.
I've never seen this become a problem before.

The bricks per second limit.
That's per client, not for the whole server. Your point is invalid sir.

Lol. Um. This is not a regular reason to be disconnected. Either they had the renderman mod activated and it saw you, which I've seen cause kick messages like this, or something seriously forgeted up in the server.
Yes it is. Blockland often forgets up the disconnection messages, showing you nonense like that instead of the real text. The nonsense then get roughly the same length as the text it was supposed to be.