How the forget do i code for blockland?

Author Topic: How the forget do i code for blockland?  (Read 3554 times)

yah I need to learn how to code for blockland/ I need a teacher.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:21:04 PM by Superbro11 »

Hit me up on the weekend at steam DanielS21, if i decide you're intelligent and motivated enough to catch on, i'll pass on my limited knowledge

"How to forget do i code for blockland?"
Step 1: Go back to school and learn some grammar.
Step 2: This should help you.

well sorry? it was a loving typo. get over it
Hit me up on the weekend at steam DanielS21, sure i decide you're intelligent and motivated enough to catch on, i'll pass on my limited knowledge
sure mate.

Step 2: This should help you.

only starfishs using lmgtfy

Start by reading other scripts, it can help you a lot. Just be careful not to learn inefficient ways of coding.

Although as far as i've seen, Setro is a moron but he is right Start by learning functions and servercmds then variables

Although as far as i've seen, Setro is a moron but he is right Start by learning functions and servercmds then variables
Variables are a much easier concept than functions

Variables are a much easier concept than functions
Not to mention it's pretty damn difficult to write functions without the use of variables.

function iCantUseVariables() {
  announce("Useful static message!");
  return "useful static return";
}

The best way for me is to look at a script that has descriptions of what's going on

There is the off-chance that someone learns to code inefficiently without the use of functions. Just because something is easy doesn't necessarily make it right. If he learns to put code in a file and execute it, it may turn into a habit. Not necessarily or even likely, but there is the off-chance. Plus the basic of functions and servercmds is easy and considering the amount of progress you make by just learning those two, they are definitely worth learning first.

It's literally impossible to code without using functions. You can write a one-and-done 'script' that runs when you execute the file, but there's no possible way someone could learn to code without using functions. It's not that they shouldn't be taught at the very start, it's that covering the concept of a variable is more valuable because then when you start out with functions you can use functions with arguments rather than static functions which literally have no purpose other than code organization -- frankly they're considered bad practice anyway.