Author Topic: Updated: Vannila Warfare Pack  (Read 13096 times)

I actually googled the old pack to try and find the afore mentioned YouTube video, what I found wasn't a bad looking weapon pack at all...
^

they aren't horrible, but tbh there's much better weapon packs out there you could use.

that's what happened when I tried doing pics, ill edit the topic and post the link to the pack video I made, but be aware, I am in no way set up to record, I used the mic on my earbuds to record it lol.

Also guys be sure to leave suggestions. What would make this pack better? what could me and deadeye487 do in future expansions that will pleasure you. We are already working on animations. mostly recoil animations, but we can do reload animations if you guys want

Anytime someone uses these weapons, my FPS turns into utter stuff and my server lags even if I am not looking at them being fired.
Uninstalling.
And it's not my computer, H&K weapons don't cause any FPS drops or lag on my server.
Organize and actually iron out the bugs and I'll think about downloading again.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:31:58 AM by -Setro- »

Anytime someone uses these weapons, my FPS turns into utter stuff and my server lags even if I am not looking at them being fired.
Uninstalling.
And it's not my computer, H&K weapons don't cause any FPS drops or lag on my server.
Organize and actually iron out the bugs and I'll think about downloading again.

actually that's due to the fact that the player types wernt working and spammed the console with errors, I fixed that by taking the player types out, this only happens if ou downloaded this pack before I posted the better ones on this topic

And me using these on my server, ever since I fixed the console bug, there has been no frames per second drop since the update, redownload the pack.

Also guys be sure to leave suggestions. What would make this pack better? what could me and deadeye487 do in future expansions that will pleasure you. We are already working on animations. mostly recoil animations, but we can do reload animations if you guys want
First priority would be fixing the sights.

Reload animations would be awesome.

Try more actively to find a way to limit distant noises. (Bump the topic, maybe contact scripters directly)

Maybe make one raycast sniper (I've said this a lot but never somewhere permanent)

Look at Gravity Cat's DWeapons for a possible /fixfov thing, so iron sights don't annoy people who don't play with 90 FOV.

Option for enabling dry fire (no automatic reload)

Option for limited ammo. (Same kind of system as BKT)

Less lethal expansion (bean bag shotguns, paintballs, pepper spray, taser, etc.)

Might come up with more suggestions later, you choose which ones you want to do (if any). These are all things I want, but it's not my pack. =P

Try more actively to find a way to limit distant noises. (Bump the topic, maybe contact scripters directly)

Maybe make one raycast sniper (I've said this a lot but never somewhere permanent)

Less lethal expansion (bean bag shotguns, paintballs, pepper spray, taser, etc.)

All these please.

Look at Gravity Cat's DWeapons for a possible /fixfov thing, so iron sights don't annoy people who don't play with 90 FOV.

Might come up with more suggestions later, you choose which ones you want to do (if any). These are all things I want, but it's not my pack. =P
Well, the reload animations will soon come, probably not for the vanilla pack because we cant access the ms3d files. Limited ammo ive been wanting to do, im still working on that. the limited distant gun shots, ive tried posting on the forums, all I got was pseudo code, ill post it now, if any of you guys can spoon feed me the interpretation, id love that. heres the topic http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=258738.0

Code: [Select]

origin = origin-of-sound.getTransform();
for all clients
{
     transform = client.Transform()
     distance = vectorDist(origin, transform)

if(dist < 50)
          play sound 1 - client.play3D(yourSound, origin)
     else if(dist < 100)
          play sound 2
     else
          play sound 3
}

also for non lethal expansions, ill talk to deadeye. But idk if I really want to release more WF stuff since a lot of you hate the models with a burning passion...

/FixFOV, I will start working on implementing that
Raycast sniper... ehhh, idk ill think about it
And dry fire, I really don't see the point of that besides loving people over in CQC when they need to reload. But that's just how I look at it.

Thanks for le suggestions!

Dry fire would be cool for realism purposes mainly. Do you know how to do prefs so that players can choose whether or not to have dry fire and limited ammo?

Also, less lethal pack should be a separate download if it is made. I don't think anyone will complain about the models on it if it is a separate download because people generally aren't as familiar with less-lethal weapons as traditional ones, so they don't expect too much from the models.

I'm impressed solely due to you not being a squeaker in your video. gg 10/10

I'm impressed solely due to you not being a squeaker in your video. gg 10/10
xD  that made my day.

Dry fire would be cool for realism purposes mainly. Do you know how to do prefs so that players can choose whether or not to have dry fire and limited ammo?

Also, less lethal pack should be a separate download if it is made. I don't think anyone will complain about the models on it if it is a separate download because people generally aren't as familiar with less-lethal weapons as traditional ones, so they don't expect too much from the models.
Yes this is true, dry fire would bring realism, and no I don't know how to set prefs, but im seaking help currently, so I should figure out how to do it with help

im going to strangle you

I will kick the corpse when he's finished

Ah well, the thing here is that I've never liked animating. There for I suck at it.
For the next things I will do, I'll try my best to improve on EVERYTHING I guess. Where there will be more details, and animations.

Sounds good?

Me and Ctrooper will do the very best we can do to create a really nice pack. And the fact that he keeps going after I lost all my files in a HDD crash is loving amazing.
So, maybe next week, I'll get back to my Milkshape and start making some new models.

So, maybe next week, I'll get back to my Milkshape and start making some new models.
Does this mean my services will no longer be required?

Does this mean my services will no longer be required?

Well, you could help me do animations?