Author Topic: Updated: Vannila Warfare Pack  (Read 13094 times)

The iron sights are useless. They provide an accuracy bonus but it is pointless because there is no downsides to just enabling sights and never stopping.

Blame how playertypes work for lack of efficient ADS.
They make it so you can't easily have a downside to ADS use unless you change the actual playertype, which tends to break compatibility with a lot of stuff.

Blame how playertypes work for lack of efficient ADS.
They make it so you can't easily have a downside to ADS use unless you change the actual playertype, which tends to break compatibility with a lot of stuff.
Yea and that's actually what I was gunning for on first release of the pack, but they didn't work, and the pack spammed the console with error messages, that if you had to many people firing the weapon at one time, would cause heavy FPS drop and end up crashing the game.
The iron sights are useless. They provide an accuracy bonus but it is pointless because there is no downsides to just enabling sights and never stopping.
Sorry man, I had this in mind, but it just didn't work

Sorry man, I had this in mind, but it just didn't work
Then remove them. Iron-sights like this make a very wonky game-play mechanic.

For example, if I get into a vehicle and forget to turn iron-sights on for the accuracy bonus, I have to tell everyone to stop the vehicle so I can get out and toggle them. Attempting to press left click in a vehicle will usually dismount me and I've been left behind.

Alternatively, you could just adjust the accuracy so that these weapons have the same accuracy in and out of the sights if you are only keeping them to make the shooting feel cooler.

Then remove them. Iron-sights like this make a very wonky game-play mechanic.

For example, if I get into a vehicle and forget to turn iron-sights on for the accuracy bonus, I have to tell everyone to stop the vehicle so I can get out and toggle them. Attempting to press left click in a vehicle will usually dismount me and I've been left behind.

Alternatively, you could just adjust the accuracy so that these weapons have the same accuracy in and out of the sights if you are only keeping them to make the shooting feel cooler.
Were keeping iron sighting :/ that's one of those things that I refuse to change.

I just thought of what I think would be an awesome thing to do.

Let players change fire modes with the button they use to clear ghost bricks, with all weapons having a mode for "safety" (to avoid misfires), and automatics having modes for single, burst, and auto as well. Fire mode would be displayed next to ammo. Gravity Cat's DWeapons grenade launcher and some Blockcombat automatics (HK416, Famas, etc.) use fire modes.

I just thought of what I think would be an awesome thing to do.

Let players change fire modes with the button they use to clear ghost bricks, with all weapons having a mode for "safety" (to avoid misfires), and automatics having modes for single, burst, and auto as well. Fire mode would be displayed next to ammo. Gravity Cat's DWeapons grenade launcher and some Blockcombat automatics (HK416, Famas, etc.) use fire modes.
Ill look into it