Save Checker V1.12 (2014/9/7 - 23:00 EST)

Author Topic: Save Checker V1.12 (2014/9/7 - 23:00 EST)  (Read 9570 times)

Just released the update to include custom database support!
Follow the instructions in the main post to use it.
(and if there are any bugs, post them here)
awesome

Just released the update to include custom database support!
Follow the instructions in the main post to use it.

Perfect. Ill test it out.

Edit: Does it alert you if it detects a brick pack that it does not recognize? Can you have it do that?

Edit: Edit:
Seems the database isn't working, even with default bricks.

Editx3: Seems like /MakeDatabase didn't do anything. Still all Unknown. Nevermind
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:54:05 PM by Mr.Noßody »

We really need this, keep it up! I will watch for this when this is will update.

I've read that, the issue isn't knowing how to update it, but having a place to keep the .txt file.
I don't have a site of my own (and won't likely will host one in a long while), but with the update including a database the players can generate on their own the need for automatic updating is little to none, since users can update it on their own.

This is....This is bloody amazing...!

cool

do you thing it'd be possible to check what colorset a save uses?

I've read that, the issue isn't knowing how to update it, but having a place to keep the .txt file.
I don't have a site of my own (and won't likely will host one in a long while), but with the update including a database the players can generate on their own the need for automatic updating is little to none, since users can update it on their own.
Maybe some day support_updater will work without having to own a website. in fact, I just asked this on the support_updater topic

double post, but I have great news. You now don't have to own a website to use support_updater (if Greek's update works properly). Here's the topic:  http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=255382.0

Darn my internet, it doesnt let me enter dropbox by an  SSL Error and alot of certificates stuff

OT: As I can see, this is really useful

sorry for bump, but it seems like the slayer bricks aren't in the database.

I may have found a mistake in the save checker code.

When you click the "Extra Add-on (...)" line, it seems like the add-on in parenthesis should become disabled if you have it enabled, and STAY disabled if you already had it disabled. This is where the problem is - if you already had the extra add-on disabled and you click the "Extra Add-on (...)" line, the extra add-on will be enabled, though it actually needs to stay disabled.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:23:44 PM by Farad »

You have done a great deed, my friend.

I may have found a mistake in the save checker code.

When you click the "Extra Add-on (...)" line, it seems like the add-on in parenthesis should become disabled if you have it enabled, and STAY disabled if you already had it disabled. This is where the problem is - if you already had the extra add-on disabled and you click the "Extra Add-on (...)" line, the extra add-on will be enabled, though it actually needs to stay disabled.
Uh, so what you are saying is that an add-on that is already disabled came up with "Extra Add-on (...)"?
If so, it shouldn't be doing that.
The only thing I could think of that is causing that is a conflict in UI-Names, such as two add-ons sharing the same UI-Name for the same brick.
Could you try to repeat the problem and tell me every step you did?

sorry for bump, but it seems like the slayer bricks aren't in the database.
I'll check that, it might not be since I believe I've disabled every add-on I had except for Game-modes.
If so you could just start a server with missing bricks enabled (in this case, Gamemode_Slayer for its bricks) and then type /MakeDatabase to add to your personal database of bricks.
I'll possibly look into how Support_Updater uses pastebin, I'd rather steer away from actually using the whole Support_Updater system since all that will be needed to update is the brick database.
It'd seem kinda pointless to have to download everything else.