Blockland Forum iOS application

Author Topic: Blockland Forum iOS application  (Read 4502 times)

Seems like a really neat idea to me; what do you lads think?

Not really, I just use Safari or Chrome on my mobile device.

Not really, I just use Safari or Chrome on my mobile device.

Oh I agree Freek but some people still use very ancient iOS versions. That is why I am suggesting this.

what if we made blockland forum ios application for only newer phones

Honestly it feels like I'm on a mobile website when I'm on the forums. The site works really well on mobile devices.

You do realize how much it costs to create an application, right? It isn't something that is quick, easy and affordable; it costs thousands and thousands of dollars just to get into development. Badspot wouldn't even consider doing this when the website works fine on Safari/any other iOS downloadable browser.

For the interest of naming how much this would cost however;

Tapatalk should be added

Or badspot can just add Tapatalk. But he won't.

Why the hell is it that much money

Why the hell is it that much money
>Apple
oh there's your reason.

I'll only accept it if there's a mandatory inclusion of "I'm writing this from iPhone!" at the end of every single post made with the app.

>Apple
oh there's your reason.

Shut up

Don't bring Apple vs Android stuff here

You know what, I'll give you a cut rate deal on that.

Pay me 25% of the estimated price of $22,300 (a total of $5575) and I'll make this app for you.

That quoted price is absurd. Parsing the forum's HTML code into lists and elements is not difficult and this app would require extremely insignificant amounts of original content. A good programmer could do this in three hours, that would come out to a rate of approximately $7500 an hour.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:24:09 PM by $trinick »

Pay me 25% of the estimated price of $22,300 (a total of $5575) and I'll make this app for you.

That quoted price is absurd. Parsing the forum's HTML code into lists and elements is not difficult and this app would require extremely insignificant amounts of original content. A good programmer could do this in three hours, that would come out to a rate of approximately $7500 an hour.
Not only is it absurd, but if Baddy made it himself it'd only cost him $99 - that's the cost to become an Apple developer that can put stuff on the App Store. Everything else would be free.

If it cost that much to make apps, there'd be FAR fewer apps in the App Store.

Precisely. With programming skills; anything is possible.