Tracking Bot v2

Author Topic: Tracking Bot v2  (Read 13260 times)

Tracking Bot
Server sided aimbot

Adds 3 Super Admin Only Server Commands
/AimPlayer - Locks your aim to a player by name
/AimBlid - Locks your aim to a player by blid
/AimObj - Locks your aim to the object your looking at
/AimObjId - Locks your aim to a supplied object ID
/StopAim - Stops aiming at a player

When locked onto an object the brick keybind move the camera offset/cancel movement
Brick Shift - move the offset of the tracking origin
Brick Plant - recenter the tracking origin to the object origin
Brick Cancel - Stop tracking an object

When moving the origin a blue square with some particles coming off of it will appear to show you where you have adjusted the origin to show you where your origin is
$pref::SwolAimGhostDisable = 1; will disable this origin display

The main purpose of this addon is for filming, this gives a smooth tracking shot effect of watching a player
it is /SERVER SIDED/ so it can't be abused out of the server because the server must send you the coordinates of the player

Download

Edit 07/09/2019: Updated link, forget dropbox but too lazy to upload it elsewhere
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:21:21 PM by Swollow »

Oh neat, I can think of some fun things to do with this.

YES
Thank you sir. Can't wait to use this for a video

I don't think it should be super-admin only
like, for once in the history of the earth, that just makes it more open to abuse

I don't think it should be super-admin only
like, for once in the history of the earth, that just makes it more open to abuse
its only use it looking directly at a player, there is a slight lull in view on player due to 16ms packets so you can't even use this as an efficient aimbot unless the player you are aiming at is standing still, aswell as its innefficient to type in /aimPlayer <name> everytime you want to lock your aim to a player

I don't see how this can be abused

aswell as its innefficient to type in /aimPlayer <name> everytime you want to lock your aim to a player
I did consider that
but if you were in a position where you wouldn't have to move or react quickly, I imagine it could be used to your advantage
and as for the delay, I doubt 16 milliseconds would make that big of a difference if you were using a weapon that didn't rely on actual projectiles, and just hit where you were aiming immediately

but either way, I don't see the purpose for making it super admin only in the first place

I did consider that
but if you were in a position where you wouldn't have to move or react quickly, I imagine it could be used to your advantage
and as for the delay, I doubt 16 milliseconds would make that big of a difference if you were using a weapon that didn't rely on actual projectiles, and just hit where you were aiming immediately

but either way, I don't see the purpose for making it super admin only in the first place
it does you are noticeably off, aswell as you dont want a large server of 32 players with 16 ms schedule loops

this really ought to be host-only. i can already think of the dramas we will eventually see due to child admins abusing this stuff on servers their other kid friends host.

I had made something like this earlier, but lost it. It's nice to see it again.
Although, I have some requests to expand the functionality, to match the functionality mine had:

- Add keybinds. You already have a client add-on for this, so there's no reason not to.
- Made the keybind track the object you're looking at, instead of having to type in a name
- Allow more types objects to be tracked. Vehicles especially would be helpful for filming purposes. So would bricks. You might as well just allow any object type
- Maintain the offset of the aim position relative to the objects center. For example, maybe someone wants to lock onto a specific part of a vehicle. Or as a more extreme example, the very corner of a 64x baseplate. Let them, instead of forcing them to the center.

aimboat hax!!11

this will be useful

this really ought to be host-only. i can already think of the dramas we will eventually see due to child admins abusing this stuff on servers their other kid friends host.
im not making it host only because people are stupid

I had made something like this earlier, but lost it. It's nice to see it again.
Although, I have some requests to expand the functionality, to match the functionality mine had:

- Add keybinds. You already have a client add-on for this, so there's no reason not to.
- Made the keybind track the object you're looking at, instead of having to type in a name
- Allow more types objects to be tracked. Vehicles especially would be helpful for filming purposes. So would bricks. You might as well just allow any object type
- Maintain the offset of the aim position relative to the objects center. For example, maybe someone wants to lock onto a specific part of a vehicle. Or as a more extreme example, the very corner of a 64x baseplate. Let them, instead of forcing them to the center.
okay I'll look into adding these when I have the time

You could also make it only function if you have a specific tool out. Then there's 0 risk of abuse, and you could make it available to all players

You could also make it only function if you have a specific tool out. Then there's 0 risk of abuse, and you could make it available to all players
We don't need this, if the server you're on can't handle it then don't play on it. If the owner of the server wants to abuse it then that's his choice not yours.

We don't need this, if the server you're on can't handle it then don't play on it. If the owner of the server wants to abuse it then that's his choice not yours.
This so much, it wouldn't sound like a quality server if they abused it anyway.