Faulty Gun : "Don't point that at me!" v1.2 updated 10/01

Author Topic: Faulty Gun : "Don't point that at me!" v1.2 updated 10/01  (Read 8126 times)

A white variant of the gun.
To install, click here, and place zip file in addons directory.
http://host-a.net/u/Ladios/Weapon_Gun_Faulty.zip
To use, throw it at someone like you would a spear (hold-click, release), the gun on collision may spawn an additional bullet.
The gun also has the possibility to randomly go off if held normally.

This addon (for whatever reason) was requested by Mister Cheese

V2: CHANGELOG
No longer spams owner of projectile in chat.
Actually removes item icon when item thrown.
Bullet will not always be created on impact.
The randomly created bullet now does more damage than the spawning gun projectile.
Gun may fire randomly while being held in idle position.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:44:26 PM by Ladios »

A reminder: I do not have internet. Like when you guys say you do not have internet, only it actually is the case. I have no ability to test this mod in a multiplayer context and it is not specifically scaled for a dm.
Feed back is requested, and I will adjust damage values/ etc as the community prefers.

While I hate to break the joke that is the strangeness of this weapon I still feel a need to clarify: this is a spear-style (hold click then release to throw) weapon that on collision creates an additional projectile in some random direction.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:06:19 PM by Ladios »

I really like how suggestions are starting to be made more.

So wait, damage values?
How would it have any if the gun doesn't fire..?

Unless throwing the gun IS the attack

I really like how suggestions are starting to be made more.
Now where's my Survival gamemode?

So wait, damage values?
How would it have any if the gun doesn't fire..?

Unless throwing the gun IS the attack

Actual damage values are 70 direct damage for the collision with the gun, the suggestor wanted it one-hit kill but I toned it down, and in a dm, realistically someone is likely to be hurt a bit when you come across them. The fired off shot I think did like 35 damage  I don't quite remember. (since the shot is fired off some direction away from the source of collision, unless the colliding object was running at high speed toward the thowerer, it would be difficult to be hit by both shots, and it is difficult to directly hit the person in the first place on account of the relatively low throw distance) (Also unlike other disposable items, you can only have one gun at a time)
Again, if this is too overpowered still, let me know and I will update,
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:12:47 PM by Ladios »

Ooooh, so the gun is a throwable weapon that fires a random shot once hit hits a player. Neat.

I do, however, think you got the damage variables switched as hitting another player with a stray bullet should be more rewarding than 35 damage. Id prolly switch the damages: direct doing 35 and the shot doing 70.

Also, if there were a way that you could add a chance for the thrown gun to fire rather than it firing every time I think it would be a good touch. And if you do add a chance to fire Id consider making the rarer stray bullet do even more damage.

(Also also, the OP doesn't do a good job describing what the weapon does. I figured the anti-description was a joke and not an actual mechanic.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:58:44 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Yeah I could be more clear I suppose.

Also, if there were a way that you could add a chance for the thrown gun to fire rather than it firing every time I think it would be a good touch. And if you do add a chance to fire Id consider making the rarer stray bullet do even more damage.

It wouldn't even be that hard, one line of code testing before the creation of the stray bullet, I had planned on that but forgot and was trying to bust out this as fast as I could on account of having not finished anything recently. I had also planned on having it randomly discharge a bullet as you were holding it without any control on behalf of the player, but I never got around to that part either, so maybe if I get around to updating this then I'll add both of those.

I do, however, think you got the damage variables switched as hitting another player with a stray bullet should be more rewarding than 35 damage. Id prolly switch the damages: direct doing 35 and the shot doing 70.
Yeah it makes sense, that way, I was just trying to more follow the idea that it would do alot of damage on impact, the bullet damage I actually tried to scale it closer to that of the regular bullet, as if it were fired from a regular gun, but switching that up probably would make this a more fun weapon I agree.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:36:03 PM by Ladios »

A reminder: I do not have internet.
Then how are you on the forum?

Then how are you on the forum?
Most likely by making it on his disconnected computer, transferring the files to his cell phone, and uploading the files to the internet via 3G connection.

Note the above section is a joke, you actually are supposed to throw it (think: spear), and it creates a random bullet after it hits something. Ok I hope thats understandable :P

All good.

Most likely by making it on his disconnected computer, transferring the files to his cell phone, and uploading the files to the internet via 3G connection.
That used to be how I did it until I couldn't afford verizon. Now I have to transfer the files to a laptop then go out in search of internet for the upload process.

isn't this just a tediore

I dunno, googled it and I guess that has something to do with borderlands? I couldnt load any images cause internet but yeah I never played borderlands. This is just a gun, you thow it on the ground like a dumbass and it fires off like a gun would if you threw it down on the ground like a dumbass. Thats what happens with guns. If another game did it that doesnt make it a type of gun I don't think. What?