1 (7.7%)
Jump ahead in time.
2 (15.4%)
Do some event.
4 (30.8%)
Abort thread.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anagaea II – A New Age of Empires [1117 AD]  (Read 110091 times)

Aeternum Evocatus
Aut occidere ut occidatur, aut mors pugnabit euocatus gratuito!

Members

Aspidis

Galaumia

Total Military Numbers
200,000+

"And so the arrows rained, no survivors except for the leaders of each side. And on the fields of the hallowed land, a treaty was made to free nations and men, for the betterment of the known world. As war was discontinued, a new order of the world was founded, one that would forever protect the men of gaia."

- 'Fontibus Libri' Section 5; Line 27
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:47:31 PM by mlockha »

omg so colorful!
i used 4 colors, and all of them were either for the title or for nations
its not like this is rainbow

The Avalonian forces are too few in number to set sail to do battle at sea with such a monstrous fleet.  Something to this effect is sent back to the Erinamese fleet.  Nonetheless, a few of Avalonia's quicker warships are sent out to attack the enemy in hopes that some may be lured away from the main fleet and/or killed with fire or something (ballista activate!).  The quickest ships are sent back to Avalonia to get reinforcements.  Troops at the fortress port city prepare to defend the place.
Wait how many did you send to Plexia?

Wait how many did you send to Plexia?
15,000 cavalry; the invasion made fairly limited use of warships (mostly used troop carriers) and at this point there are not enough true warships in the area to take on a fleet like that (those sent were used to clear and guard the strait between mainland Plexia and the island, as well as the island's northern shore, in order that the land invasion would be safe.  The warships are currently in the waters around the port city, going to kill some Bequelans, or returning with reinforcements (mostly the first item right now).

Yeah.  Erinaum sent 40,000 total, as we had the aim of subduing the Bequelans so that the seas would be safe.

Erinaum loses 30 warships before the Avalonians arrive, but since the Avalonians have more experience in Naval tactics, and better equipment, the Bequelans begin falling back to attempt to escape.

The Erinamese invent a triangular sail and find it works for faster travel.

Avalonian ships use them ballista to shoot flaming bolts at the retreating Bequelans while they're still in range.

More warships arrive from Avalonia in response to requests for reinforcements.

We'll be sure to send your men several cases of our finest Åkēle.

The remaining Erinamese fleet mourns the death of all the sailors whose bodies now lie at the bottom of the ocean, and then follow the Avalonians back to the Plexian island fortress, and marvel at it's immense size.

The plan suggested by the Erinamese Generals is to land the Erinamese force 30 miles south of the border, while warships of both sides pick off the Bequelan navy.  The Avalonian cavalry will then land 30 miles north of the border, and then push south.  When the Avalonian party lands, the Erinamese cavalry will push in, followed by the Erinamese infantry.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:51:40 PM by SWAT One »

I think it's already obvious by my inactivity that I quit. 

But I want the anarchy in my country to be fairly peaceable as I pass on.  Let my legacy be that the weak government meant that when it left it had very little effect on the populace. 

Well, since Avalonia had a large impact on Plexia in the very recent past, I'm gonna say that Plethora could salvage it.

However, I would advise him to take into account controlling large populi over great distances, e.g. American Revolution type of deal.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:04:05 PM by SWAT One »

Galaumia begins expansion east on Rivus Minor, as they send an expansion party as far west as they can go, hoping to see the end of the continent. They are packed with as much water as they can pack, along with many arrows and swords for hunting along the way. They are also asked to map the land along the way.

Avalonian soldiers stationed in the fortress city (most of that invasion force, some are still situated in Plexia's capitol) take control of the island, suppressing a few smallish riots on it and ensuring that stability will be maintained.  They act outside of the authority of the Avalonian Council, but feel that their actions are in Avalonia's best interests and are acting as the Council would.  They offer Plexian nobles a choice:

"You are a people in a bad position.  Many of your soldiers are dead.  Many of your people are dead.  Many of your fields and forests are ravaged.  Many of your cities and towns are rubble.  Avalonia will continue to occupy the Island, or at least the city and the surrounding countryside.  If the rest of Plexia wishes to be a part of Avalonia, it is welcome, and if it does not it is also welcome - so long as Avalonians are able to leave in peace.  If you accept, Avalonia will make your lives and your land better.  If you refuse, Avalonia cannot protect you in your weakened state."

The commander of the Avalonian forces sends word of this back to the Council, which is upset at his presumption, but agrees that its own actions would be almost exactly so, a decision on what to do regarding his presumption will be reached later.

Avalonia finds the Erinamese plan acceptable but recommends a period of naval cleansing to ensure that while we're sacking their homeland they don't have the power to strike at ours (or in Ernaum's case Xinanimehondagoodamath).  Avalonian troops mourn the losses Erinaum and Avalonia took during the battle.

Also, new Atensiaball.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:43:26 PM by Plethora »

Also, new Atensiaball.
please don't make this one centric around avalonia and erinaum again

I'm sorry if I can't think of anything funny about the Aspidis-Albiton peace treaty or landlocked Galumnia sailing to that part of the world.  I have noticed what you're saying, however, and will attempt to make Atensiaball more multinational.