1 (7.7%)
Jump ahead in time.
2 (15.4%)
Do some event.
4 (30.8%)
Abort thread.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anagaea II – A New Age of Empires [1117 AD]  (Read 110085 times)

In my opinion I do not think 0% rolls should absolutely crush a nation.
uh no they should
50% is normal nothing really happens
100% is the best possible thing
if theres the best possible thing and then neutral, what comes after neutral?
very bad is what comes next
and it doesnt absolutely wreck them. does it temporarily set you back? yes, but as long as you make the right moves and think correctly, it's very easy to come back.

When you got a zero with Aspidis you bailed, lol.

mlockha didn't play Aspidis you handicap, I did. And I stopped playing with Aspidis because I found myself more interested in another concept at the time, and because of the reformation it's the only reason I came back to Aspdis. Lets not mention that Aspidis was what is was because of its government, which was undergoing a total collapse. Roleplaying it under some new regime would ruin the point, given the image I had in mind for the nation.

forget

*throws hands up*

I've stayed through and fixed all zeros I've had.

Well actually I was hoping for something like this to happen soon, I was getting bored.

Emergency declared by the parliament after in some districts, the local goverment resorts to military force in order to continue the redistrubtion efforts.

Natwana Bao calls the Arm of Bao to act as a peacekeeper body in this situation and in at least one city riots break out causing the Arm to have to place the city under a temporary martial law.

Hai Kim Tei'Kai calls for immediate power by the parliament to guide the nation out of this time, however several Tei disagree with the concept of a one-leader governement. Many of these Tei however call for their own appointed leadership, taking with them loyal bands of citizens in order to try and establish power in the capitol. Hai Kim, however stood infront of the parliament himself to dissuade the angry citizens from entering. In one feirce confrontation, supportors of Kim rushed to his aid and a violent conflict occured with Kim barley escaping with his life.

The Arm locks down the parliament, not allowing anyone in or out aside from sparse food provisions, and the Bao requests for an emergency national tally to determine who it is the citizens would prefer to lead them out of this chaos.

The planetwide clouds begin to break up, and patches of sun become more common everywhere.

Hai Kim Tei'Kai gives a stirring speech about how due to the fractured nature of the government it has been made weak and unable to adequately serve the Ru'sh Naal Union and it's citizens. He claims that it is the duty of those who are strong of will to lead the weak and guide them through troubling times such as these. If it weren't for the restrictions placed upon him in his current role, he was certain he could lead the nation into a more sustainable state.

The college of Kai has closed admittance during this time, only allowing families with enough money to buy their children admittance in order to reduce the load required and maintain the stability of the college.

edit: quick note thought I should remind people is that the Kai college is primarily funded by Teijin, so many of the students from that region are still given access to the primary college bodies, that being the Navaro Kai academy and the larger citywide academies that are not too tied up right now with local civil unrest
This is mostly unneeded to be said anyways, because the Teijin were always the wealthier amongst the old union so their ability to buy their way into the college would be consistant

Protests occur in Roussa as worker who built the college at Navaro Kai are upset at their children not being allowed autmoatic acceptance as was promised during the construction. The fortificatory structure of the college however protects the students and teachers who take refuge in the cliff-side base until the Arm is able to arrive and dissuade the angry protestors from further action.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:25:09 PM by Ladios »

What is currently happening in the South Calzonian war?

In South Calzone faction forces are still moving around and generally avoiding conflict.  The general populace isn't happy about the invasion.  Cassian armies have been faced with limited guerrilla warfare from radical doctrinally Cassian zealots who don't identify with the Cassian Catholic Church, and from Dreibetungist and secular factions vying for power.  Many smaller factions have condensed into large but decentralized groups, and others have fled to unaffiliated territory and become bandits, especially along the Argent-Dabo Road.  The factions, as a whole are more focused on repelling the HN than infighting, but there is still quite a bit of it.  Conversions have been low, as former Avalonian rule and the disliked Cassian former dictator left a legacy unfavorable to the Cassian faith.  Politically, HN armies have had difficulty instilling influence that lasts longer than the presence of garrisons and has faced resistance to the collection of taxes and the passing of various laws designed to restore law and order.

In short, it's somewhere between what Syria was before ISIL rose to prominence and WWII occupied France, except that organized resistance is far more passive than in either of those cases.
The HN hasn't taken any further action since the plague struck Atensia, so this would still be how it is, more or less, most likely deteriorating a bit in favor of the Calzonians.

Atenisia states that it will once again return to the war effort.

It asks that Albiton instates martial law in the region and hunts down leaders of factions.

The first batch of votes begin to return to the capitol and whilst tallying them it seems the clear-cut winner of vote-of-confidence would be upon the honorable Hai Kim Tei'Kai. However during this time the great champion of the people was stricken with a terrible bout of pneumonia, from which he was unable to recover.

It was decided that Kim's successor, the current Disciple of the Bao, Wei Kim Tei, become the leader of the people, however he declined the role stating the the Will of Bao should guide the nation but not directly rule it, but the second son, Dyun Kim, could instead take the role as leader of the people in his father's place.

At the meeting of the peoples in Daijoua to officiate the election of Kim, there was a brief interruption as several of the military leaders whom had been attempting to take power during this time attempted to take the life of the new president. These leaders were orderded to be executed by Wei Kim Tei, who stated that anyone who dares endanger the stability of the people any further are a direct threat to people that the Will of Bao would have them.

Natwana-Wun desired however to not be held accountable for what she claimed to be blood being spilt by the Arm of Bao, at which Wei Kim Tei reminded Natwana-Wun of the purpose of the Arm, to defend the people. Natwana-Wun left the capitol with her highest advisors and at dusk an impromptu ceremony corenating Wei Kim as the official next Bao had occured.

The dissidents aformentionly detained, were at this point executed, as the power of the Arm of Bao now resided with Wei Kim Bao.

President Dyon Kim made it his first motion to re-structure the military force, eliminating many generals from their positions whom had shown sympathy towards the dissidents, or were reported to have been abusing their power, after a series of strict tribunals and judiciary hearings regaurding their purported crimes. All the while the Arm of Bao was orderd to manually facilitate the processes of food and water redistribution, with a strict tally being counted on each city to divide up rations equally. Extra rations would be held for emergency circumstanced with local jursidictors in charge of decided the remaining disbersment. Many farms are forced into groupings with state appointed overseers to further efficient the extraction of foods and resources, and make sure resources did not bottleneck and minimize induviduals hoarding.

Many perishable excess resources are sold off to Teijin and nearby city-states that would have them in order to generate foreign revenue, with the Ru'sh Naal allowing (albeit moderately) foreign trade for the first time in years, so long as the traders have state licences and are grouped into state-officiated caravans with divisions of the navy making sure they don't just run with the money when they reach their trading destinations.

should i change my flag again...?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:56:21 PM by Ladios »

Albiton states that it has already invested troops into the war effort, and that it stands little to gain by involving itself further (they're kinda bitter that the former Western half of their empire, for the most part, didn't return to them).  It does, however, offer to train Ateni soldiers and involve itself in that way.  Albiton readies its navy to take some of the islands to the East.

The Ormican chief leaves the feast satisfied and returns home without a hitch.  Avalonia invites the king of the Britoni States sister state to a similar feast, to similar effect.

Atenisia requests Albitonic officers to train their troops.

Some of the effective military leaders who trained the troops and their drill instructors died of the plague.

The Atenisian navy joins Albiton and prepares to assist in the capture of the islands to the east (assuming the ones off the coast of Calzone, not Albiton [if so, ignore]).

I apologize for the ambiguity, the islands East of Albiton.