System_Wires

Author Topic: System_Wires  (Read 8437 times)

This mod allows you to place wires with pre-defined events to make contraptions!
In addition, it allows modders to add their own wires with pre-defined events to expand the scope of contraptions that can be made!
Use your light key to switch wire categories, and the seat change keybinds to change the wire itself!
I don't really know what else to put here, so here's the download!

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:15:20 AM by Xalos »

People would probably like examples of usage, and maybe even documentation about making custom wires.

People would probably like examples of usage, and maybe even documentation about making custom wires.
This.  For something that sounds like a really flexible and innovative mod, that OP seems to do very little justice.

...and maybe even documentation about making custom wires.

I don't really know how to document that properly.  The functions that you would need to know are:

AssertWireColor(%name, %color); allows you to specify a color without actually having to know the colorset. AssertWireColorset("Neon_Yellow", "1 1 0 1");
GetWireColor(%name); returns the color for an asserted color by name. GetWireColor("Neon_Yellow"); would, with the default colorset, return "0.9 0.9 0 1".

DefineWire(%char, %rot, %clearHook, %updateHook, %plantHook, %events, %name, %desc, %color); is the big one.

%char: The character displayed on the automatically created 1x1F print tempbrick.
%rot: The rotation offset of the 1x1F brick.
%clearHook: The function name to call when the wire is cleared, either directly or by changing to a new brick.
%updateHook: The function to call when the wire is moved or created.
%plantHook: The function to call when the wire is planted.
%events: List of events to place on the wire when planted.
%name: The name of the wire, such as "Red Light".
%desc: An extended description of the wire, such as "A red light which toggles when a pulse is received.".
%color: The color of the 1x1F print. This should be a wire color name, such as "Black", "Pulse", or "White".

DefineWire(" ", 0, "LightWireCleanup", "LightWireUpdate", "LightWirePlant",
   "1\t150\tonRelay\tSelf\tFireRelayUp\n"@
   "1\t0\tonRelay\tSelf\tSetColor\tPulse\n"@
   "1\t150\tonRelay\tSelf\tSetColor\tBlack",
   "White Light", "Toggles emitting white light when a pulse is received.");

If anyone wants to write up a better guide, please do.  I suck at guides.

I don't get it. Are they bricks?

So it creates a physical wire between two bricks? Kind of like rope, right?
I'd like to see what they look like.

I suck but how to use le epic? thanks you

Wait, so these make physical wires between bricks?

I have no idea how to use this.

Please make a video of yourself using this, it intrigues me but I have yet to figure out the usage.

Good execution, poor presentation.. oh so poor

to everyone who doesn't know how to use this,

learn it yourself. forget around with it a little bit and figure out how to use it. come on.

a tutorial would be nice

oh it's an item
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:31:51 PM by Electrk. »

I don't really know what else to put here, so here's the download!

DOWNLOAD
Could we get a picture of the wire please? btw im downloading it right now