Author Topic: What are the requirements for a weapon sound  (Read 17620 times)

I also have other questions:

Deos it have to be mono.

What is the difference with .WAV and .OGG.

Has to be mono and .wav
.wav sound files are less compressed and allow for a much more vivid short sound, as trying to make longer sound with .wav's will make the file stupid large.

Has to be mono and .wav
.wav sound files are less compressed and allow for a much more vivid short sound, as trying to make longer sound with .wav's will make the file stupid large.

And for regular sounds like in events? is there any other requirements?

And for regular sounds like in events? is there any other requirements?
They're .wav's too iirc, just be sure it's mono like every other sound in the game.

Ok, ill be sure to do that. Thanks for the info :)

Stereo sounds work.  I have stereo sounds for a few of my private weapons, as well as some as independent sounds.

Stereo sounds work.  I have stereo sounds for a few of my private weapons, as well as some as independent sounds.
Blockland does not support stereo sounds properly, so idk what you think you're doing...

Blockland does not support stereo sounds properly, so idk what you think you're doing...
Does this work okay for you?  I tested this on my server and it worked fine, and also had another player join, who tested it and could hear it.  (Though I did it with a whole soundpack of these.  As you might imagine, the file size was huge, but oh god if you played them more than one at a time.)

Also did the same thing for my Deconcentrator and Apollo Cannon Add-Ons.  Both instances worked.

IIRC stereo works but doesn't fade out due to distance from sound, just stops at a certain radius.

IIRC stereo works but doesn't fade out due to distance from sound, just stops at a certain radius.
Yep.  Turns out to be true.