Poll

For PlayerTitles v2, which title method would you prefer?

[any color title]
16 (66.7%)
any color title
7 (29.2%)
Other (post it!)
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Blake1's (Soon to be) Add-On Dump - OP Updated; Beta later; Poll!  (Read 8045 times)

Blake1's Add-On Dump

Disclaimer:
I am an amateur coder; do not expect anything fancy at the moment.
I am mainly making these Add-Ons as practice, and am releasing them for fun.
Please report all bugs or glitches so I can [try to] fix them.

(NEW!) Player Titles
This Add-On allows Admins to change a player's prefix clan tag (the one before the player's name).
The main purpose of this Add-On is to allow Admins to grant players "titles" such as [VIP] or [Admin], Dinosaur, you get the point.
I will make another version of this that can change prefix OR suffix if you guys want it.

Commands:
In-Game: /title <player name> <title (max 5 spaces)>  (Admin Only!)
Console: commandToServer('title', "<player name> <title (max 5 spaces)>");

Credit:
Credit to Zapk and Gothboy77 for helping me out on this one. This was quite tough and required a bit of bugfixes and syntax checking.

Other Notes:
If you'd like to make the title snazzy, I suggest using color codes. For example, if I wanted the title [Host] I would use /title blake1 [<color:00ff00>Host<color:007777>]
The default color code for clan tags is 007777 for if you're wanting to close them off on brackets.

It's also recommended if you have a title enclosed in brackets that you use the rest of their clantag afterwards. For example, my clan tags are [ and ]. Let's say I add in the above example, I'd use /title [<color:00ff00>Host<color:007777>] [ to then have a clan tag like: [Host] [

NOTE: This Add-On does NOT save their new clan tags. I will be adding this in once I figure it out (or someone gladly helps me out). So if you're requesting this, how about asking someone to help me out on that.

>DOWNLOAD [1.0.0]<
If your description.txt does not say this version number of this Add-On, you're using an outdated version.

Force Kill
This Add-On allows Admins to force kill other players.
A chat message will pop up when an Admin force-kills a player. This will be helpful in spotting/reporting abuse.
I am not responsible for any Admin Abuse caused by this Add-On. It is your responsibility to check who has Admin on your server.

Commands:
In-Game: /kill <player name> (Admin Only!)
Console: commandToServer('kill',"<player name>");

Credit:
I coded this myself but huge thanks to those in Coding Help for bugfixing.

>DOWNLOAD [1.0.2]<
If your description.txt does not say the version number of this Add-On, you're using an outdated version.

Minigame Events (Fixed)
This Add-On modifies the old Minigame Events by Zack0Wack0. Since the event "onMinigameReset" is now default, this Add-On removes the event from the original script. Original Topic

Events Included:
  • onMinigameJoin
  • onMinigameLeave
  • onMinigameKill
  • onMinigameDeath

Credit:
Credit to Zack0Wack0 for making the original Add-On.

Make sure you disable or delete "Event_Minigame" if you have it!

>DOWNLOAD<

Development Center

In Development:

Clan Tag Changer - Working on turning Script_PlayerTitle into a full clan tag changer, instead of a pointless mod lol. [Progress: 100% - In Beta]

Player Titles v2 - Going to make this way better than it turned out to be.

Server Announcement - Allows Admins to make an announcement via Chat or Bottomprint.
Great way of getting player's attention without using events or eval.
Beta Downloads:

Working unfinished scripts will go here. Please report any bugs you find to me.

Server_TagChanger (Clan Tag Changer) - ~ In Beta - Download will be available later today!~

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:06:49 PM by Blake1 »

You didn't really fix anything with minigame events, you just removed one of them.

Other than that, I can see the forcekill add-on being useful on my server!

Bug Fix
I have released a Bug Fix for Server_ForceKill. This simple bug fix fixes the issue of the command attempting to kill players who are dead/haven't spawned.

Redownload if you want this bug fix.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:09:44 PM by Blake1 »

I don't expect this to included in the dumps of dumps.

Bug Fix
I have released a Bug Fix for Server_ForceKill. This simple bug fix fixes the issue of the command attempting to kill players who are dead/haven't spawned.

Redownload if you want this bug fix.
Your bug fix checks if the person issuing the command has a player object, not the person who they're trying to kill. So it'll still give an error in the console if the person they're trying to kill is dead.

The "fixed" minigame events don't show up in the add-ons list.
Nevermind. I changed the name to overwrite the original events and forgot to edit namecheck.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:24:36 AM by TB2 »

You literally haven't made these. /kill was made ages ago, and you just stole Zack0's addon. Who're you trying to fool?

You literally haven't made these. /kill was made ages ago, and you just stole Zack0's addon. Who're you trying to fool?
You

I coded /kill from scratch. I even looked around before releasing this; couldn't find anything.

I didn't "steal" zack0's add-on. If you had read the OP, I gave him full credit and only removed a now default event from the add-on. Next time before jumping to conclusions, you should read the OP.

Your bug fix checks if the person issuing the command has a player object, not the person who they're trying to kill. So it'll still give an error in the console if the person they're trying to kill is dead.
Yeah my bad I realized that after I turned off my PC. Will push another fix.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:29:41 AM by Blake1 »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=66853.0
I saw this one. The download is broken because it's an really old RTB add-on that is not archived.

I don't see why I can't make this? What's the point in arguing "hurr hurr its been already made u cant make it again!!!1!" I mainly made this to practice my scripting skills. If you are upset that it's been already made, good for you. I don't give a crap. If you're going to continue arguing get out of my thread. There is no point.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:05:37 PM by Blake1 »

Update [Server_ForceKill - Version 1.0.2]
Here is a list of changes in Version 1.0.2. It is highly recommended that you update.
  • Fixed (again) bug that would continue executing the command even if the target is dead. Caused a console error.
  • Added in chat message that announces when a Admin kills a player.
>DOWNLOAD (1.0.2)<

These things don't matter much, but it's good practice.

Instead of doing
Code: [Select]
if(%client.isAdmin)
{
    //Do stuff
}

if(!%client.isAdmin)
{
    //Do other stuff
}
You can just do
Code: [Select]
if(%client.isAdmin)
{
    //Do stuff
}

else
{
    //Do other stuff
}

And on line 5 you define %target and then on line 8 you do:
findclientbyname(%target.name).player.kill();
When you could just do:
%target.player.kill();
Because you already defined %target on line 5.

Yeah I knew about If-Else statements however didn't know that I could do %target.player.kill();
Thanks.