Author Topic: 9 Slot Player Type by: killer12568  (Read 13235 times)

...why are you people getting so mad about him "stealing" something that took minimal effort in the first place. where's the problem here.
Yeah jesus christ.  I make simple mods to add-ons all the time for my own purposes.  I do not see the issue with modifying the 7 slot player and making a 9 slot player.  He isn't a genius or anything but he isn't trying to steal.  This is how you learn to mod, by modifying other stuff first.  Errybody calm yo titties.

Yeah jesus christ.  I make simple mods to add-ons all the time for my own purposes.  I do not see the issue with modifying the 7 slot player and making a 9 slot player.  He isn't a genius or anything but he isn't trying to steal.  This is how you learn to mod, by modifying other stuff first.  Errybody calm yo titties.

He made a mistake in a code, making syntax errors possible.

Look at tb2's post carefuly.

Look at tb2's post carefuly.
That is not how that works.
Syntax errors aren't made possible.
They are either there or they are not depending if there is a syntax error in the code.
The fact that he did not change the comment of it being a 7 slot player will not break anything except for the possible illusion of it being entirely self written.

yeah, I took the code, and made it so it was a 9 slot playertyoe, okay?

He admitted to copy the code, and look at the comparison.

how is copying bad?

I honestly don't see anything wrong here.

I started by copying a lot too.
Truth be told, i still look at code of other people and see how they did something.
Let us not dwell too long on how this is only a simple edit but be a bit more glad that this guy wants to help the community out.
And that he decided to do such a small edit himself.

He literally copied the addon from the rtb archive.
That's not the point... Making this from scratch is dumb as you might as well just reuse like 10 lines of code. I'm just saying that rtbinfo.txt is pointless

Its bannable I'm pretty sure.
[
Badspot: Common offenses: Missing files
Improper packaging
Syntax errors (ie doesn't work)
Breaks game
Overwrites other datablocks
They ported someone else's add-on and did a crappy job
Description contains the phrase "I didn't test this" or something similar

Yup.

I don't think he would be banned the topic might be moved to fail bin tho

Haha, what the hell are you on about? Please, learn what you're even talking about before saying anything.

Oh no! He "stole" an add-on that consists of 2 lines of properties! How terrible! Millions are dead!