Author Topic: MS3D Bevel Tutorial?  (Read 13741 times)

I found The Khoz's method in this video a bit difficult to understand. Does anyone have a different method for adding bevels to bricks and cylinders?

Hehe, sorry about that.

As for adding bevels to bricks, what do you mean by that, specifically.

Edit: The basic nature of beveling in Milkshape is that you take an area, extrude it on one axis and then scale it on another one. This will create the optical illusion of having cut a corner off of whatever you're thinking of.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:15:28 PM by TheKhoz »

Hehe, sorry about that.

As for adding bevels to bricks, what do you mean by that, specifically.

Edit: The basic nature of beveling in Milkshape is that you take an area, extrude it on one axis and then scale it on another one. This will create the optical illusion of having cut a corner off of whatever you're thinking of.
That's what i'm trying to do, but there's a process on the object i'm trying to make. Bevelling a brick isn't something i've actually done before though. The object i'm trying to make has bevels on the outside and inside, while keeping a blockish feel to it. One of the problems i'm having is cutting a square hole in the box and re-filling in the faces that are cut off, making a blocky ring.

EDIT: Thanks. I extruded my faces and scaled them, I now have a beveled brick. The only problem that exists is cutting into the brick and filling those faces back in.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:54:26 AM by knuckles31 »

When you extrude and scale, simply select the extruded face and translate(move) it into the object, this will cause the indent you desire.

When you extrude and scale, simply select the extruded face and translate(move) it into the object, this will cause the indent you desire.
I'm pretty much finished with making the model now but, some of the nodes aren't showing up when I use it. Is there a certain way to export it?

Is there a certain way to export it?
Make sure you don't have any n-gons.

I'm pretty much finished with making the model now but, some of the nodes aren't showing up when I use it. Is there a certain way to export it?
In torque? What do you mean by nodes?
Make sure the faces all have a material assigned and use the torque dts plus export usually works. You might have to fiddle with the LODs of the materials in the export menu.

And:
Make sure you don't have any n-gons.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:24:10 PM by Ladios »

MS3D doesn't have ngons, dawg

I already have the add on working now guys, i'm only doing a couple of adjustments. Thanks for the help.