Author Topic: ArmyUnit's Elemental Bosses (Back on the shelf for awhile)  (Read 25283 times)

ELEMENTAL BOSSES/PLAYERTYPES

Currently contains:
(Notes: all weapons/attacks/items are of course normal items, and are currently not "embedded" within their associated playertype.)
(Completion percentages take into consideration the playertype's completion, as well as the completion of all of the associated weapons/attacks/abilities of that playertype.)

==Ice Elementals==
All Ice elemental are weak to impacts, and they generally have a large energy pool, but with low energy regeneration. They sport a mix of rapid fire and burst damage attacks.

--Glisten: -- Roughly 40% complete

-A hard-hitting elemental. She can take an immense amount of damage, and she also regenerates health slowly if no damage is dealt to her after some amount of time. She has a large energy pool, allowing her to launch her ice attacks for an extended amount of time. However, she is slow and ground-bound, leaving her vulnerable to attacks from the air.

--Current attacks--

-Slash Attack: A reliable melee attack. Consumes no energy and deals moderate damage, but of course has a limited range.

-Ice Shards: Glisten's (current) main form of attack. Fires shards of ice at a moderate speed with a relatively low energy drain. Each shard deals somewhat low damage, but knocks back it's target slightly, and shakes their screen. Has a small charge up time.

-Ice Spear: Currently Glisten's heaviest attack. Launches a single large, long-ranged, spike of ice, that deals immense damage. Has a longer charge up time than the Ice Shards, and consumes much more energy.

--Current minions--

--Ice Dragonfly: -- 70% complete

-A small elemental that can fly moderately well. Has a low amount of health. These things are terrible on their own, and function best in a fire-support (ice-support?) role.

--Current attacks--

-Ice Bombs: After a short charge up time, launches several bombs downward. These bombs do not explode on impact, but instead explode after their duration expires. Each bomb had a moderate area-of-effect, and deals low damage. Consumes a low amount of energy and has a quick refire time.

--Iceus: -- Roughly 50% complete

-A flying elemental that resembles a wasp of sorts. He is more fragile than Glisten, but much faster. He has a smaller energy pool than Glisten, but slightly higher energy regeneration. Iceus also regenerate health slowly.

--Current attacks--

-Ice Rocket: Launches a mid-sized ice projectile that sticks to the ground on impact. Once the projectile's "lifetime" depletes, it will create a very large explosion that deals moderate damage. Though difficult to use, it can soften a large amount of targets quickly. Consumes a moderate amount of energy.

-Ice Boost: After a short charge up time, boosts Iceus forward (hold down the mouse button to properly use) Constantly drains energy at a moderate rate. Currently, this is only a maneuverability item, but eventually I plan make it a deadly attack.

(For now I suggest including Glisten's Ice Shards in Iceus' weapon set. He will get more attacks at a later date, including a complex melee attack.)

==Energy Elementals==
All Energy Elementals are moderately weak to impacts, but not as drastically as the Ice Elementals. Energy Elementals have very high energy regeneration, but often deplete their energy quickly from attacking. They rely mostly on rapid-fire attacks, but they do have some burst attacks. They have no "normal" melee attacks, but they can create short-medium blasts of energy for close range combat.

--Shimmer: -- About 30% complete

-A ground-bound elemental. Shimmer is similar to Glisten in many ways, but she has no health regeneration. She deals damage faster than Glisten, but has less health.

--Current attacks--

-Energy Dart Gatling: Rapidly fires energy darts. Deals strong damage if you can consistently hit your target. Moderate energy drain.

-Charged Energy Blast: A melee-like attack that deals somewhat high damage. High energy drain. (Currently does not work very well)

--Current minions--

--Holo-Wasp: (will be renamed eventually) -- About 20% complete

-Holo-Wasps are supportive minions. Eventually they will gain healing and energy regeneration abilities.

--Current attacks--

-Energy Dart: Deals moderate damage. Has a low rate of fire, and low energy consumption.

--Solar: -- About 50% complete

-Solar is a large, flying elemental. She has incredibly powerful attacks, and a large amount of health as well. She is quite slow for a flying elemental, but that does not matter when she has the power of a star at her disposal.

--Current attacks--

-Solar Storm: Essentially the Energy Elemental's rendition of a minigun. Deals lower damage at long ranges because of the spread, but will melt anything at shorter distances. Moderate-low energy drain.

-Solar Flare: This attack functions as Solar's primary means of attack at longer ranges. Deals high damage, with a medium fire rate. Consumes a moderate amount of energy per shot.

-Solar Boost: Allows Solar to fly. The energy drain is so low that it does not reduce Solar's energy, only slows her energy regeneration.

--Current minions--

--Solar Drone: -- 70% complete

These function as protection and scouts for Solar. They are very fragile, but also very fast. Eventually they will be able to mount onto Solar, where they will be able to function as turrets while gaining health regeneration.

--Current attacks--

-Solar Drone Boost: Works almost like a teleport ability. Launches the drone forward at incredible speed, but then partially stops the drone after a short amount of time. Requires all of the drone's energy to use.

(Give the Drone the holo-wasp's dart attack for now, or even Shimmer's Gatling dart attack)

More images:

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svn4cp1ionigp24/Player_Elemental_Bosses.zip?dl=0

CHANGELOG:

10/20/2014:

-Added isChargeWeapon to weapons that require charging. This will help bots to use the weapons correctly.
-KNOWN ISSUE: Bots do not properly aim vertically while charging a weapon (seems to be an issue with the default bot system, not the elemental mod)

7/3/2016

(Please read this page from DataProxy's boss topic for some context behind these changes.)

-Shimmer:
   -Fixed UI name not being capitalized in menus.

-Solar:
   -Fixed UI name not being capitalized in menus.

-Solar Flare:
   -Reduced directed damage to 40 down from 50.
   -Reduced radius damage to 50 down from 80.
   -Increased projectile lifetime to 8000 up from 6000.

-Glisten:
   -Increased energy regen rate to 0.65 up from 0.55.

-Glisten Ice Shards:
   -Reduced direct damage to 3.5 down from 5.5.
   -Reduced radius damage to 3 down from 5.
   -Increased energy drain to 5.5 up from 5 (this is to compensate for Glisten's energy regeneration increase).

-Glisten Ice Spear:
   -Reduced energy cost to 150 down from 200.

Credits:

-Most everything was created by ArmyUnit
-Health regeneration system created by Boost

Some info:

-Please be aware that this mod IS NOT currently my main focus, and I have IRL things to deal with. Updates will not happen often.

-Please be careful when using these in your own minigame. They have been designed to be used as bosses, and so are very powerful (even some of the minions are powerful). I am not responsible for any unpleasant experiences that you may have if the host has poor balancing skills, or abuses the power of these playertypes.

-These playertypes would be pretty cool for the following minigames:
  -Boss battles
  -Medieval RPGs
  -Elemental TDMs
  -Arial TDMs, or maybe even air races (for the flying elementals, of course)
  -Or anything else cool that you can think of (no family rps pls)

-I might do fire elementals, rock/sand/glass elementals, and lightning

-Press "ShiftBrickAway" and "PlantBrick" as Iceus to see some currently unused attack animations.

-The Holo-Wasps were originally red colored, and were the enemies of a small game that I made in Blender3D for a college project.

-Iceus is the only non-evil Elemental so far, though Solar often is not aggressive. Glisten hates all things fire (especially dragons), and Shimmer wants to destroy all non-energy beings. (This is just lore btw)

-Shimmer, Solar, The Solar Drone, and the Ice Dragonfly all have idle animations (that work most of the time). All of the elementals will also get idle animations eventually.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:28:45 PM by ArmyUnit »

Wowe first swifty release then a server now this
Hl3 confirmed?????????????????

One sec I accidentally broke the mod K should be fixed. Please redownload.

Added more pictures to OP
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:01:21 PM by ArmyUnit »

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:18:12 AM by DerpDerp »

wat :(

What I thought I fixed that D:
Try redownloading I guess.
I downloaded it myself and it looks fine, not sure why that happen on your end, unless you have the old version that was broken.

he told me on steam it just worked

I am a big fan of the energy elementals, but at the same time, the ice elementals look so err... cool. (No pun originally intended)

Also, the solar drones being able to mount to the solar? Sounds interesting.

Finally this got a thread! :D

my most favorite mod so far.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:07:14 AM by Futurjojo »

This will be useful for my World RPG :)

More possibly-buggy-maybecorrupting-badass Playertypes! yay!

Well, they seem to have issues with bots, I might work on them a bit to see I can get them to work with bots too.