Author Topic: DM_Mesa: Classic Styled Deathmatch!  (Read 49765 times)

Could you make the glass be destroyed when it's been shot a couple times?
this would be interesting, I just wish there was a better and more cool looking way to break the glass than to fake kill the glass brick :P

highlight of the day
-snip-
That reminds me, I threw a grenade blind into a door way and Bushido was blown up.

this needs to be a little faster with slightly slower deaths and no third person

like, the map is fantastic and very retro somewhere between half life and what feels like tony hawk's pro skater where there's constantly new stuff hidden around for you to find but it's biggest downfall as an actual deathmatch map is that sometimes you can just get blindsided from an impossible angle cause some guy can see you in third person in a way that you can't

you should use a first-person-only valve like playertype, swap out the smg for a buffed pistol, maybe drop/buff dual pistols and add footsteps

also i really appreciate the pill not actually healing you to full

this needs to be a little faster with slightly slower deaths and no third person

like, the map is fantastic and very retro somewhere between half life and what feels like tony hawk's pro skater where there's constantly new stuff hidden around for you to find but it's biggest downfall as an actual deathmatch map is that sometimes you can just get blindsided from an impossible angle cause some guy can see you in third person in a way that you can't

you should use a first-person-only valve like playertype, swap out the smg for a buffed pistol, maybe drop/buff dual pistols and add footsteps

also i really appreciate the pill not actually healing you to full
The pill does heal you to full :P

The health machines don't though.  I suppose I can agree to a different playertype.  I kinda hate all the footstep mods though so I don't see that super necessary.

not on greek's server it doesn't

the thing about footsteps is that, when used as a subtle notification of another player's presence under a layer of sound ambiance (which is exactly what half life does) it goes from out-of-place and weird to simultaneously really useful and really engaging

it also provides really perceptive players a nice bonus to figuring out where enemies are in a way that is not only less ridiculous and overpowered but also intuitive and straightforward

not on greek's server it doesn't

the thing about footsteps is that, when used as a subtle notification of another player's presence under a layer of sound ambiance (which is exactly what half life does) it goes from out-of-place and weird to simultaneously really useful and really engaging

it also provides really perceptive players a nice bonus to figuring out where enemies are in a way that is not only less ridiculous and overpowered but also intuitive and straightforward
Blockland doesn't have a layer of ambiance :P

yes it does

put a bunch of music bricks everywhere and have them make cool factory noises

even better just run a quiet loop of wooshing indoor air and the drone of a bunch of computers/ air conditioners

yes it does

put a bunch of music bricks everywhere and have them make cool factory noises

even better just run a quiet loop of wooshing indoor air and the drone of a bunch of computers/ air conditioners
I do agree this would be a nice touch.  Do you have any resources for this?

I agree with Bushido's comments.

Also, the pill only heals 60 HP on my server. Could that be the default?

I agree with Bushido's comments.

Also, the pill only heals 60 HP on my server. Could that be the default?
I bet it's a pref.  I know the pill has a couple prefs.  There's a few prefs I forgot to include in the gamemode because they aren't the same on your server as mine.

The only one that's bugging me is the Drop Ammo on Death pref, since the guns don't use ammo, it's kinda annoying to have ammo drop when you die.

I bet it's a pref.  I know the pill has a couple prefs.  There's a few prefs I forgot to include in the gamemode because they aren't the same on your server as mine.

Sorry, wasn't clear. It IS a pref, and I have it set to 60 on my server. Can you set that as the default for the gamemode?

Sorry, wasn't clear. It IS a pref, and I have it set to 60 on my server. Can you set that as the default for the gamemode?
Oh I see what you're getting at, yeah I feel that would be better than 100. I will add that soon