Author Topic: Spring Animation bugs in Blockland (Blender)  (Read 20914 times)

So for progress (if you were on my topic leading to this), I finally got a Raptor variant inspired by this version of the SVT Raptor. It has spring animations after following instructions from here for assistance on how to add spring animations in the first place.

It's actually not supposed to be like this tilting forward like if it was a hot rod or something. How the back springs are is how the front springs are, and because it's like this, it has a terrible bounce effect. Also it acts WORSE than the robin because one small inch of a turn on this thing, and you've just tipped it onto it's side.

This is the back springs with spring2 and spring3 bones. Because this is what I had to do for spring names
Quote from: Torque 3D Script Manual
Spring animations
    To visualise the suspension action, the vehicle model should contain a non-cyclic animation sequence for each wheel that animates the appropriate hub node from t=0 (fully compressed to t=1 (fully extended). The sequences must be called springN, where N matches the wheel hub index.

Meaning that for hub0 it'll be spring0, and the same for the other 3 hubs and springs. The right is spring2 and the left is spring3.

And this is where the problem is. The spring on the left is spring0, and it's not recieving it's animations for some odd reason. On the right spring1 is fine just like the others. And I believe that its spring0 is causing the problem judging by this photo.

Here's my animation export settings with all the spring animations and the brakelight and steering animations.

And this is the settings for the spring animations. They're set to blend animation and on the frame the animation starts on because they would not work in game if they didn't have the blend animation settings.

This diagram/picture explains it all.

Last but not least, these are the animations in the NLA editor correctly.

I tried renaming the springs and animations to spring1, spring2, spring3, and spring4. However it made the back right spring not work properly. Thus I had to keep it at spring0, spring1, spring2, spring3. I can use some help here. /discuss

holy stuff. that's the most detailed help thread I've ever seen. Sorry I can't help you with this but good job lol

Have you tried rotating the model in object mode to even it out?

Have you tried rotating the model in object mode to even it out?
The object does not need to be rotated or anything. It's something to do with the bone listed in the diagram.

So for progress (if you were on my topic leading to this), I finally got a Raptor variant inspired by this version of the SVT Raptor. It has spring animations after following instructions from here for assistance on how to add spring animations in the first place.

It may be the camera angle, but have you tried decreasing the size of the two front wheels? They look bigger than the rear wheels.

It may be the camera angle, but have you tried decreasing the size of the two front wheels? They look bigger than the rear wheels.
that!!

All four wheels have the same exact model. This is the wheel below me:

Offroad Raptor Wheel (View in 3D)

One of the things is off and messes with two of the faces.

What's the collision on the wheel? (If they even have collision)

-snip
Oh hey! I didn't notice that. What I think I'll do for now is use the original raptor's wheel.

Anyways, wheels don't have collisions by the way.

-snip of forgeted up wheel-

I thought I saw that, but I thought it was just me.

Using the Original Raptor's wheel does not help a single bit. I'm planning later to redo the springs or something and see how that works.

holy stuff, this exact same thing happend to me, when you modeled the vehicle, were your springs fully compressed or decompressed, because after a lot of research i found that the springs get very messed up if you model them as decompressed.

i have delt with this problem a lot, and if you do manage to fix it please tell us how you did it.
me dealing with this problem:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=236718.0;imode
http://www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/136525

the torque documentation for suspension animations is terrible...

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:08:17 PM by zombekillz »

Just saw that reply now actually. I honestly am not sure right now, but I was planning to remodel the springs and possibly the tire as well. If I remember correctly, before adding the armatures, they were decompressed; or at rest position.

Just saw that reply now actually. I honestly am not sure right now, but I was planning to remodel the springs and possibly the tire as well. If I remember correctly, before adding the armatures, they were decompressed; or at rest position.

That might actually be your problem, its hard to say, but id go ahead and model the springs compressed reanimate it and give it a test.