Author Topic: JakeBlade & TAG's interactive button pack  (Read 7435 times)

Hi there.
After a while of inactivity due to university and stuff I decided I should release these interactive bricks JakeBlade and I made back in august. JakeBlade made the models, and I did everything needed to get them in-game, to the right scale, icons etcetera. I should probably mention that our sponsor is ChrisBot6, as the models were commisioned by him. The pack's theme is a less-is-more sort of thing to make it fit Blockland's theme the best we could. In total this pack includes 3 buttons, each having a vertical and horizontal version.

(Click to enlarge)

A set of valves. The vertical one has a base of 1x2 bricks and the horizontal one a 2x2 brick one. The red part is recolorable.

A set of light switches. Comes in convenient 1x1 brick base verical edition, and if you for some reason need a flat light switch there's also a 1x1 brick base flat one. Again, the red part can be recolored.

A set of generic square buttons. Both the vertical and horizontal one have a 1x1 brick base, and as per usual the red part can be recolored.

NOTE: These bricks work with the default door system. They do not use JVS content whatsoever. If you are having issues with these bricks, disable JVS and try again.

This brick pack comes with custom icons that are indistinguishable from the default icons. The bricks can be found under the subcategory 'Switches' in the 'Special' tab in the brick selector.

Download
Version 1.1:
Mediafire: Click here [33.11KB]

Changelog:

Version 1:
First release

Version 1.1:
Changed the name to make more sense. You do not have to redownload, it's just for the sake of clarity.

Have fun with it, and any constructive criticism is very welcome.
Again, credit for the models to JakeBlade, credit for commissioning the bricks to ChrisBot6.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:02:22 PM by TheArmyGuy »

Wow amazing! Very useful and required.

Eh...

JVS already did Light Switches and Valves,  plus the JVS Valves and Lightswitches look better than this. That and JVS buttons are nicer as well, that and JVS has more variety when it comes to switches of all kinds. No download for you.

Eh...

JVS already did Light Switches and Valves,  plus the JVS Valves and Lightswitches look better than this. That and JVS buttons are nicer as well, that and JVS has more variety when it comes to switches of all kinds. No download for you.
Funny, I remember someone listing things that were wrong with JVS. I can't find the quote, so could someone quote him? I'm  pretty sure Badspot did the list IIC.

Thanks, you can expect to see these around my builds soon.

Funny, I remember someone listing things that were wrong with JVS. I can't find the quote, so could someone quote him? I'm  pretty sure Badspot did the list IIC.

Odd, as i've only ever had one major problem with JVS (it broke once), but i still find it better than default doors

Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a door.
  • Horrible AIM sounds
  • A "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Backwards loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago.
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.

Brick_JakeDoors

They're not doors. This is an excellent example of a terribly named add-on. The only real correct bit is "Brick_". You shouldn't name an add-on from the author, nobody knows what something called "Brick_JakesStuff" has. And then its not even doors. I don't even.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:46:19 PM by boodals 2 »

Good to see these models are getting used! :D

Please, do not pass this opportunity to name it Brick_JakeButt

They're not doors. This is an excellent example of a terribly named add-on. The only real correct bit is "Brick_". You shouldn't name an add-on from the author, nobody knows what something called "Brick_JakesStuff" has. And then its not even doors. I don't even.
Yeah I got the original .zip from JakeBlade when he was trying to make his first door and never changed the name since. I should probably go do that.

Yeah I got the original .zip from JakeBlade when he was trying to make his first door and never changed the name since. I should probably go do that.
No, don't miss the perfect opportunity to call them Brick_JakeButt