Author Topic: BossBattles - "Threat To Server"  (Read 12466 times)

is a a monster
Ahahaha, oh man, that's adorable.

Banning problem users to prevent them from doing anything to your server is a perfectly acceptable practice. It's nonsense to think otherwise.
Banning a user will do nothing whether or not they intend to DDoS your server.

Banning a user will do nothing whether or not they intend to DDoS your server.
Ravencroft was talking about problem users in general. So was I.

Ahahaha, oh man, that's adorable.
Dude, don't be such a richard.

Ravencroft was talking about problem users in general. So was I.
Then it's pretty much irrelevant to the discussion at much.

No.

Then it's pretty much irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
darned pizza hands

badspot, is op drunk russian/dezbazcan/assbeff/rookie?

I would have banned Drunk Russian too
he's unstable

Yeah but he's right you know.

Although I know that BossBattles is quite old, and no ones going to it anymore
WAT

well if his ip was blocked (literally rejected from the router, not banned) then it makes more sense but banning people doesn't stop them from ddosing.

this person isn't going to ddos your server. the real drunk russian would've bought a botnet or changed his ip to attack you more, if he was going to. not bring the attention to him via posting in drama and make himself a suspect

This.  Especially the first part.

I think the only problem here is the ban reason. Sure banning Drunk from the server may not stop a DDoS by him, but he still DDoS'd people and therefore should be banned because he's an awful person. Since OP had Drunk Russian's IP, and hasn't pulled the "Drunk Russian is my brother" card, I think there's only room for two conclusions: A - OP is Drunk Russian, or B - There was some mistake in matching the IPs to IDs. Pecon and I combed through the logs to re-locate these connections, but in the process found that OP had racked up a bunch of other bans across his IDs for a variety of reasons, including chat spam, research links, advertising other servers, trolling, and generally being a richard. At that point we agreed that he should probably stay banned whether or not he's Drunk Russian.

The little sister brown townogy is complete bullstuff and you know it. You connected from the same household and that proves that you're very likely extremely closely affiliated. You are unable to prove that you are in no way affiliated with the attack. Why is this even argued over?  /nosupport

It was only one ddos attack, it just shuts down the server ONCE, how could he be a "threat" to the server

The little sister brown townogy is complete bullstuff and you know it. You connected from the same household and that proves that you're very likely extremely closely affiliated. You are unable to prove that you are in no way affiliated with the attack. Why is this even argued over?  /nosupport

It also means that your IP is 'unsafe' in a way. E.G. If a sibling logs onto your account and gets themselves banned then your account shouldn't be allowed back onto the server anyway, as it accessible to your sibling and they could do it again. So if the IP ban was lifted, "the sibling" could do it again. I've probably not worded that brilliantly, but someone might understand the point I'm trying to make.