Author Topic: BossBattles - "Threat To Server"  (Read 12240 times)

I've been permanently banned from the Peacon7's BossBattles because he thought I was a Threat to the server
I went to the other server of his to ask him why is this, and he said the following

"We have been once DDOSed by a user named DrunkRussian. We hunted him via IP, and what we found out, is
            that your IP matches with DrunkRussian's. We banned you because you have no proof that you're not drunk Russian,
       and may be a threat for later time."

Although I know that BossBattles is quite old, and no ones going to it anymore
I still feel as this isn't the right thing, and I shouldn't be banned.
I swear by my heart; I'm not Drunk Russian.

ID - 16362
Alts - 26648; 31243

Screen shots of chat/ban?

Are you or have you even been Dezcaban, Rookie, or Asablief?

using ips to match people when a large amount of time has passed is a bad idea lol

Actually, this is a while ago, where I wasn't sure if I should make the drama / complaint yet because I realized he said "I'll think about it"
yet I remained banned.

Screen shots of chat/ban?

No, sorry.

Are you or have you even been Dezcaban, Rookie, or Asablief?

I remember rookie, I met him. I wasn't any of the three, no.

using ips to match people when a large amount of time has passed is a bad idea lol

More details?

Okay, well heres something I found

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=249140.msg7185320#msg7185320

Theres a few things wrong though
In the meanwhile I've moved to Germany, so this is completely wrong. I can confirm however, I used to live in America.

You had the same IP during the same timeframe of that event. The chances that the IP was dynamically reassigned to you are so phenomenally low that I'd be far more likely to have won the lottery than you not be at the same address as the attacker.

just unban him lol. what could he possibly do? the real drunk russian would've bought a new key anyways, not try and unban the one he has.

just unban him lol. what could he possibly do? the real drunk russian would've bought a new key anyways, not try and unban the one he has.

hes right

I don't think you two understand just how serious this all was. DDoS attacks have had a huge and unforgivable impact on the game and community as a whole.

- During the steam launch, we lost thousands of players because the authentication server was knocked offline by a DDoS attack
 - Three hosting services (Including RTB) were shutdown because constant DDoS attacks on their servers made their service unmanageable.
 - Especially early this year, random people's servers were constantly attacked just because people were on them.

Anyone who contributed to this mess is a monster and deserves nothing. The fact that this person here has the same IP address means that they're in the same household (In Badspot terms, they're the same person). This person is just as much to blame because no evidence has un-attributed him from Drunk Russian.

I don't think you two understand just how serious this all was. DDoS attacks have had a huge and unforgivable impact on the game and community as a whole.

- During the steam launch, we lost thousands of players because the authentication server was knocked offline by a DDoS attack
 - Three hosting services (Including RTB) were shutdown because constant DDoS attacks on their servers made their service unmanageable.
 - Especially early this year, random people's servers were constantly attacked just because people were on them.

Anyone who contributed to this mess is a monster and deserves nothing. The fact that this person here has the same IP address means that they're in the same household (In Badspot terms, they're the same person). This person is just as much to blame because no evidence has un-attributed him from Drunk Russian.
I have to agree here, Take extra Precaution

And banning the guy who's done nothing to the server is going to make it less serious? Doing so isn't going reduce the chance of him attacking your server, it's going to increase it.
Ah okay so say I ddos'd a server a few months ago and my little sister plays blockland. That automatically makes her just as much of a scumbag as me and she should be insta-banned from every server?

Seriously what was going through your head? You can't just ban someone that poses as no immediate threat from your server. That's the same exact thing as banning someone just because you don't like them. I'd like to ban problem users from my server but I don't because they haven't disrupted or harmed my server in any way.

Banning problem users to prevent them from doing anything to your server is a perfectly acceptable practice. It's nonsense to think otherwise.

well if his ip was blocked (literally rejected from the router, not banned) then it makes more sense but banning people doesn't stop them from ddosing.

this person isn't going to ddos your server. the real drunk russian would've bought a botnet or changed his ip to attack you more, if he was going to. not bring the attention to him via posting in drama and make himself a suspect