Author Topic: spicy new idea alert (building wand)  (Read 1063 times)

i just thought of this...
what if there was a tool players can use and hit an area for point 1 then an area for point 2 and select what bricks to place there? like there being ghost bricks and when you press enter it will place. it wouldnt be easy but its just a small idea

example i made in five minutes:

so....its a tool where you select a rectangle to be 1x1s. Is there a Z axis to consiter? plates or bricks or 5x hight..? go into more detail

Appears to be somewhat like WorldEdit in Minecraft. Couldn't be that hard, and would make many copy/paste things easier. How would it handle pasting? You say that they all will become 1x1s?

Appears to be somewhat like WorldEdit in Minecraft. Couldn't be that hard, and would make many copy/paste things easier. How would it handle pasting? You say that they all will become 1x1s?
maybe some commands like
/replacebricks [a brick's uiname] - replaces all bricks in the selected area with a chosen brick, e.g /replacebricks 1x1f
/replaceair [a brick's uiname] - replaces all the non-brick parts in the selected area with a chosen brick, e.g /replaceair 2x3
/replace [a brick's uiname] - replaces everything in the area with a specific brick e.g /replace 4x4 Cube

/replacebricks could also have a second argument for replacing a specific brick with a specific brick, e.g /replacebricks 2x4f 1x1f

now this could get entirely confusing with using brick names as some will have spaces. I don't know much about torkscript but you could use the datablock name for the brick instead. and don't get me started on how confusing this would get with all the brick sizes. some math could be done, that tries to either fit as many bricks as they can in that area, or just keep filling until it is not allowed by the brick overlap rule. These are just some ideas.

no i was just using 1x1 bricks as the example i dont know how other bricks would work on it

ah ok. So basically make a dup wand that can place things anywhere w/out gaps left due to already existing structures. Nice. Also maybe make it so it can change color...?

what I think he's meaning, for example, the user selects a 33x33 area. it would place a 32x32 baseplate then 16x16Fs on the correct corners. Essentially filling in the area using the least amount of bricks it possibly can. It's actually a really good idea if I'm interpreting it right.