37 (44.6%)
Agnostic Theist
13 (15.7%)
Gnostic Atheist
7 (8.4%)
Gnostic Theist
26 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Theism / Religion Discussion  (Read 2766 times)

I don't know if a god exists and I'm 100% sure I'll never know for sure either way but I sure as hell hope there is.

i dont hope. i take offense to a god. if there is one, then it dosnt deserve anything from me for non involvement.
if it is actually involved, then it deserves nothing from me because i have no free will or purpose

a real god would create things and never look back. that makes the most sense in a god existing situation.

If there is a god, I'd hope he is just a giant starfish.

Owait.

The entire conception of God has been twisted by those who use him for intimidation. I believe he is a loving god, but not a controlling one. He allows us to make our own decisions.

All I really want is a happy afterlife.

a real god would create things and never look back. that makes the most sense in a god existing situation.
But that is to assume three things:

That a god, or "God", whichever use to which you are referring, must have a near obligation to turn its back on its creation, and in a way is no longer an acceptable deity once it has free will.

That humans have even the slightest understanding of gods or God.

That the universe, as complex and fine-tuned as it is, would be only unreasonably complex, and more finely-tuned if such a thing were possible.

Additionally I find your establishment of life as a "no-alternative/no free will" very depressing.  It sounds like reasonable grounds to be an atheist, but I am nonetheless intrigued why you think this way.

On a different note, I think a line needs to be drawn on how respect is "given" for belief systems.  1) Respecting or not respecting the individual, and 2) Respecting or not respecting the belief.

For instance, no one should be obliged to respect a belief, but should respect be given that acknowledges one's human right to have a belief system, a code of ethics, a moral compass, and religious beliefs and practices?  I think to reject the latter and any of its qualifiers is to reject the humanity of—or to dehumanize—others.  It says that they are not entitled to have their own free will and autonomous mind.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:38:01 AM by SWAT One »

apatheist/Agnostic Atheist -ish

I don't go to church or any of that, but I don't say I don't believe in a force

also I believe that i'm 14 and i have absolutely no knowledge about anything in general, and I shouldn't claim things i have no idea about

My idea of the afterlife is I don't give a flying forget, whatever happens I will accept it later or sooner anyways, so why worry about it in the first place
what needs to happen will happen, and crying about it wont do anything
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:04:38 AM by SgtDaemon »

i worship the booty and nothing else

these are so fun to watch
* allyorbase grabs his popcorn

One of my favorite pieces from the Quran, titled "The Disbelievers."

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Say: Oh disbelievers!
I do not worship what you worship,
nor do you worship what I worship.
And I will not worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.
To you be your religion, and to me my religion.

It seems that as some Christians (and members of other religions for that matter) paint the World, God comes across like a total jerk and Satan seems like a cool guy.

As Certain Christians see it:

Satan will offer you a beer, God will take your beer away.

Satan will get your girlfriend to try lovey outfits and acrobatic loveual acts, God is a c---blocker.

Satan wants the poor to get health care, God does not want to jeopardize health insurance companies' profits.

Satan wants the US to stop bombing other countries for no good reason, God wants the US to bomb more countries.

Satan likes: the Beattles, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Dr. Dre, Nirvana, Ice Cube, and Ozzy Osborne. God likes Christian Rap.

Satan likes: NPR, CNN, and the Economist. God likes Fox News.

Satan is okay with gay dudes. God says he hates gay dudes, but he turns tricks with male prostitutes in bathrooms.

Satan says the world as we know it is in peril unless we stop polluting. God says we should keep on polluting and scientists are full of s---.

Satan thinks that every country matters. God is an American and thinks only America matters.

Stop that.
i think the intended message of that is p good

some christians aren't really christians at all and flippantly apply religion to irrelevant modern politics

A certain type of satanism believes that satan is a good guy and god created hell as a prison for him. Not to say that god is necessarily the bad guy, but satan was just trying to make things better.

not my beliefs btw.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:28:34 PM by Steve5451² »