Author Topic: Being Friendly to New Players  (Read 6481 times)

Alright, this won't be some lengthy rant don't worry. I'm just speaking my thoughts.

I've seen a lot of new players lately, and frankly most of them are pretty clueless and/or stupid. The fact is, many of them will quickly lose interest because they don't understand why people hate them for shooting guns or tooling around with airplanes in freebuilds, nor do they understand the seemingly daunting building system Blockland employs. Don't get me wrong, I find them annoying too sometimes.

However, these players are our beloved game's future. Without new players who stick around and contribute builds and content to the game, Blockland will slowly die, like it or not.

I'm not asking you all to go be friends with new players and participate in their behavior. I'm just asking for you to cut them some slack. Maybe even teach them something if you have a spare moment. Don't immediately permaban them. Who knows, maybe some of them will stick around and contribute to our awesome community.

Thoughts/opinions anyone?

It pisses me off all the time when I see one of my former admins on my server say "Ew, a noob" everytime a Blockhead joins. It just makes me think how corrupt some people are seeing how much of a cold heart they have. The admins who have already said that have been demoted on my server for just saying such a thing. It's nothing but a ruthless, and evil thing to say. If they joined my server, the first thing I would ask is "Do you know how to type?" and if I never got an answer, I would always tell them how.

However, even though I don't trust people completely, doesn't mean I can't help put trust into some people. Blockheads are new, they will never learn on their own to become perfect with Blockland. As a matter of fact, no one is perfect in Blockland.

i hate it when players are mean to the new ones

Sometimes they can be really annoying, mainly when you tell them not to do something and they simply ignore you; but overall, it's not worth being mean to them-or anyone for that matter; it'll only scare them off.

I have really two different categories of new people to the game; there are newbies and noobs.

Newbies are the ones who legitimately desire help and want to learn about the game. They may suck at building or playing the game, but they are giving a full effort doing it. They are also not pushy or over zealous about something not going their way or confusion about the game.

Noobs are those who don't give an effort to playing the game. They expect everyone to spoon feed them the mechanics. They get very frustrated and defensive about everything when it isn't necessary. They also obstruct gameplay and players because of their own ignorance and refusal to comply and get along with others.

I like newbies and want to help them, I hate noobs and I want them gone.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:21:20 PM by The_Infiltrator »

I saw Carbon and Kenko help out a new player on the staticmaps freebuild, it helped me restore faith in humanity

I agree

Sometimes they can be really annoying, mainly when you tell them not to do something and they simply ignore you; but overall, it's not worth being mean to them-or anyone for that matter; it'll only scare them off.

:/

Ew, wtf is this

That is the name I have been known by in-game for the past 2 1/2 years. Is there a problem?

Edit: Alright, I get it, not socially acceptable to put your name in the signature, whatever.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:49:39 PM by The_Infiltrator »

I only ban the noobs if I give them like 5 warnings beforehand. Obviously they are just being ignorant at that point.

I honestly think that we should be nicer to high id they are the future of the game.

Yep hold on let me start THE FRIENDLY CLAN so we can help new ones out