123 (65.8%)
No
23 (12.3%)
In a month or two
1 (0.5%)
Get out while you still can
40 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: WTF Happend to blockland?  (Read 6860 times)

So, i think when blockland first came out it was a good game, but as it grew it became worse.
Why?
The community gets ruined by 4 year olds
Badspot removed maps (wow way to go -_-)
RTB Shuts down
So, WTF happend to blockland?
Why did 4 year olds take over blockland?
Why did badspot remove maps?
Why did RTB shut down?
I seriously have no idea.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:30:08 PM by Badspot »

We ask the same thing..

quit the game if you hate having 4 year olds playing it

I hate the 4 year olds and stuff, but i do not want to stop playing.

>Why did 4 year olds take over blockland

Most of the community is made up of preteens and teens, even if they are immature at times. Many of them are contributing members of the community; I have yet to see proof of people that young "taking over blockland".

>Why did badspot remove maps?

Kompressor removed maps, not Badspot. They complicated the code and were horrendously outdated.

>Why did RTB shut down?

Ephiatles had a fit over development being slow, so he decided to leave the dev team and take RTB with him. DaProgs has made an IRC and RTB Connect client identical to RTB's, and several backups of the mods exist.

Most of the community is made up of preteens and teens, even if they are immature at times. Many of them are contributing members of the community; I have yet to see proof of people that young "taking over blockland".

Kompressor removed maps, not Badspot. They complicated the code and were horrendously outdated.

>Why did RTB shut down?

Ephiatles had a fit over development being slow, so he decided to leave the dev team and take RTB with him. DaProgs has made an IRC and RTB Connect client identical to RTB's, and several backups of the mods exist.

Well, i didn't know that, but every 5 seconds i join a server, i get permabanned.
Today i asked if there were any addons and the guy said no, so i told him to get addons because blockland wasn't fun w/o addons.
Then the guy bans me.

Well, is there any way to get maps back without downgrading?

>Why did RTB get shutdown?

Ephiatles has successfully become an idiot.

Well, i didn't know that, but every 5 seconds i join a server, i get permabanned.
Today i asked if there were any addons and the guy said no, so i told him to get addons because blockland wasn't fun w/o addons.
Then the guy bans me.
You happen to be joining servers run by immature players. You will have to do some trial and error to find quality servers
They complicated the code, looked horrid, and were not compatible with Shadows and Shaders (Probably because of the game engine, but thats just a guess)
Well, is there any way to get maps back without downgrading?
As far as I know, No>
Why did RTB get shutdown?

Ephiatles has successfully become an idiot.
Ephi was not satisfied with how fast the game was being developed. That, along with life issues, constant DDOS attacks, and a quagmire of other things, he decided to pull the plug on RTB and took it and the dev team with him
Replies are in Bold

And you know what worse???? 40 People got hacked so easily. Why cant we just move blockland to a new engine.

Made a new poll, go to the top of the page.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:24:12 PM by Zombie! »

And you know what worse???? 40 People got hacked so easily. Why cant we just move blockland to a new engine.
We cant just "Move blockland" to a new engine, you first might have to rewrite the entire source code to be compatible with a newer engine (Please correct me if Im wrong about this, someone)

We cant just "Move blockland" to a new engine, you first might have to rewrite the entire source code to be compatible with a newer engine (Please correct me if Im wrong about this, someone)
You may be right, but that would mean an entire new game would come out.
But im pretty sure people would ruin THAT GAME, too.
Howerver However, baspot badspot and the other peeps dropped the game and left it there.
Somebody might pick it up and put it in the trash.

Not only rewriting the entire game, we'd need to rewrite add-ons, modifications, etc. Moving to a new engine would take a lot of time, effort, and possibly money that Badspot just doesn't want to deal with.

Also,  :cookieMonster: might think his  :cookie:'s are in a different world... such as the  :nes:
Whoops, that was a stupid post.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:27:44 PM by Zombie! »