M4A1
AK47
P90
M16
MP5
AWP
M92FS
M1911

Author Topic: The Warfare Pack *Sniper update!*  (Read 17909 times)

in my opion, all snipers NEED raycast

it kind of sucks when you can see the bullet go forward and you have more than enough time to dodge it

maybe like instakills only for headshots with raycast may make it balanced because the bullet is instantly hitting you
I agree. Keep the votes coming. Poll ends in Two days

Wow these are impressive. Pistols look a little, well, stupid but nice work. If you add a ammo system this will be gold. Keep up the good work man.

Votes are in, Poll is locked, Snipers will be updated with raycast along with another small patch tommorow. Thanks for all your input guys, and many thanks for the good feedback!

PLEASE DONT DO RAYCAST!! Thats the thing I love about these weapons.

Snipers have been updated with raycasting, enjoy long range sniping!

New poll is added, ive been grinding on this for a bit, i wanna know what you guys think.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:22:22 PM by Ctrooper »

hey, umm, i hate to be a downer but every weapon in this pack has its own package for toggling the iron sights, on a server with only a few players this could get pretty laggy considering every time a player presses a button it will have to go through every if statement for every weapon, i remember someone pointing that out about the BF3 wep pack when a player was experiencing a pretty good amount of lag for the same reason.

hey, umm, i hate to be a downer but every weapon in this pack has its own package for toggling the iron sights, on a server with only a few players this could get pretty laggy considering every time a player presses a button it will have to go through every if statement for every weapon, i remember someone pointing that out about the BF3 wep pack when a player was experiencing a pretty good amount of lag for the same reason.
I ran servers with bots, and players using these weapons. Lots of ADS going on too. I haven't got a complaint of lag. Maybe this is a single case issue? May be just me not noticing thinking its the stuff tons of bots.

actually what you might be experiencing is an error. See, i was testing a way to disable the crosshair when ADSing but its not working, im actually still working on it. That error does spam the console a bit but
I ran servers with bots, and players using these weapons. Lots of ADS going on too. I haven't got a complaint of lag.
I havnt recieved any complaints at my server about lag either. So IDK dude, id like to help further but your the only one who has run into this problem so i dont know what to do besides continuing t work on the crosshair disabling.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=225373.msg6374472

That is the source i got that from, and normally you will never see this in the consol, because its not technically an error, but there is a thing called trace that you can enable to see what actually happens when you press a button.

Please in the future don't be as dismissive, because I know what I'm talking about.  Fixing this problem is extremely easy, and could make your pack preform alot better in game.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:58:14 PM by zombekillz »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=225373.msg6374472

That is the source i got that from, and normally you will never see this in the console, because its not technically an error, but there is a thing called trace that you can enable to see what actually happens when you press a button.

Please in the future don't be as dismissive, because I know what I'm talking about.  Fixing this problem is extremely easy, and could make your pack preform a lot better in game.
Well id like to point out a few things, that link took me to a trench wars topic, um if its not an error and your the only one having this problem then its not one that id need to focus on that much, now i'm not saying i will not focus on it at all, but its not going to be my primary thing to work on.
Please in the future don't be as dismissive
Considering the fact that i gave you a possible explanation to the problem AND told you that i will be taking a look at it and am still working on it. I wouldn't call that being dismissive.

Anyways ill continue to try and find out why its doing that to you.

Thank you for trying to help me but its not that kind of problem, it affects everyone on a performance standpoint whether they know it or not.  Did you read the page I sent you? Specifically ipqurax's post?  

It is quite probable that your pack doesn't have any lag because there aren't as many weapons, but wouldn't it be good for everyone if the pack ran at its smoothest?

All I'm trying to do here is help, because the more weapons you add the worse this could get.  And just to clarify I didn't have any lag when I ran it, I was in a server alone, just seeing what your pack was all about, and noticed it While testing other things.  I'm just pointing it out because its in your best interests to fix it, and I can provide the scripts to do that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:12:01 AM by zombekillz »

Thank you for trying to help me but its not that kind of problem, it affects everyone on a performance standpoint whether they know it or not.  Did you read the page I sent you? Specifically ipqurax's post?  

It is quite probable that your pack doesn't have any lag because there aren't as many weapons, but wouldn't it be good for everyone if the pack ran at its smoothest?

All I'm trying to do here is help, because the more weapons you add the worse this could get.  And just to clarify I didn't have any lag when I ran it, I was in a server alone, just seeing what your pack was all about, and noticed it While testing other things.  I'm just pointing it out because its in your best interests to fix it, and I can provide the scripts to do that.
alright hook me up with the scripts then man.

that's more like it :D

package this function in your server.cs or any other file really, it dosent matter where, but you only need this code ONCE
Code: [Select]
function Armor::onTrigger(%this,%obj,%slot,%val)
{
%CurrentlymountedImage = %obj.getMountedImage(0);

if(%slot == 4 && %val && isObject(%obj.getMountedImage(0) && %obj.getMountedImage(0).item.ImageScopeState != "")
{
if(%obj.getMountedImage(0) == %CurrentlymountedImage.item.ImageHipFireState.getID())
{
%obj.updateArm(%obj.getMountedImage(0).item.ImageScopeState,0);
%obj.mountImage(%obj.getMountedImage(0).item.ImageScopeState,0);
}
else if(%obj.getMountedImage(0) == %CurrentlymountedImage.item.ImageScopeState.getID())
{
%obj.updateArm(%obj.getMountedImage(0).item.ImageHipFireState,0);
%obj.mountImage(%obj.getMountedImage(0).item.ImageHipFireState,0);
}
return;
}
     }
i know i forgeted up the alignment on that last bracket. oops.

remove the iron sight package on all of your weapons, then add these variables to each of your weapon's images:
ImageHipFireState = "NAME OF YOUR HIP FIRE IMAGE HERE!";
ImageScopeState = "NAME OF YOUR SCOPE IMAGE HERE!";

here is an example of the scripts on an item in my advanced weapon pack, i give you this just so you know how to define the new variables in the weapon's image, you can ignore all the other crap, it really doesn't apply here.
datablock ItemData(ADV_SMGItem)
{
category = "Weapon";  // Mission editor category
className = "Weapon"; // For inventory system

// Basic Item Properties
shapeFile = "./DTS/SMG/ADV_SMG.dts";
rotate = false;
mass = 1;
density = 0.2;
elasticity = 0.2;
friction = 0.6;
emap = true;

//gui stuff
uiName = "+SMG";
iconName = "./Icon_ADV_SMG";
doColorShift = false;
colorShiftColor = "0.196850 0.196850 0.196850 1.000000";

// Dynamic properties defined by the scripts
image = ADV_SMGDummyImage;
canDrop = true;

//Advanced Weapon properties
maxAmmo = 30;
canReload = 0;
ImageAmmoType = "Medium_rounds";
ImageEmptyState = "ADV_SMGEMPTYImage";
ImageScopeState = "ADV_SMG_SCOPEImage"; //Add this part here
ImageHipFireState = "ADV_SMGImage"; //And this part here, remember to use YOUR items images as the value, not mine.
ImageDummyState = "ADV_SMGDummyImage";
ScopedFOV = 40;
Accuracy = 0.0030;
AccuracyIncrease = 0.0008;
ScopeOffset = "0.0 1.0 -0.57";

//Modding Properties
CanSilence = 1;
CanAddStock = 1;
CanAddRedDot = 1;
CanAddACOG = 1;
//error ids (mod IDs above 1 usually stand for specific error messages)
CanAddMag = 3;
CanAddLazer = 3;
CanAddHuntingScope = 3;
CanAddNightScope = 3;
//mod Remover Item
CanRemoveMods = true;
};

tell me if something here doesn't work, because i edited the scripts a bit to better suit your pack. also if anyone else feels like using this code, feel free.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:47:32 PM by zombekillz »

damn, idk if you realized this before but for each state (aiming an Non aiming) there is code that randomly plays a distant fire sound when the gun is fired, if i were to get rid of these, the distant shots wouldnt play. or is there a way around this?

Im gonna get honest, the expansions are ugly