Author Topic: whelp, forget.  (Read 3817 times)

When they're further into weaning, don't be afraid to seperate the kittens from mother for a couple hours a day.

That way the kittens learn to be a bit more independent, and mother gets a break from the kittens.
Mothering cats can get rather bored/annoyed of their kittens not too long after they're born, and if the kittens keep pestering the mother she can get angry and hit them.

Don't be surprised if they fight a lot later on in life, particularly when the kittens are done weaning, around 8 weeks old or so.
Mother will basically forget that they're her children, and vice versa.
But she'll still probably be the matriarch, and put them in their place. That's how my cat was with her children.

When they're further into weaning, don't be afraid to seperate the kittens from mother for a couple hours a day.

That way the kittens learn to be a bit more independent, and mother gets a break from the kittens.
Mothering cats can get rather bored/annoyed of their kittens not too long after they're born, and if the kittens keep pestering the mother she can get angry and hit them.

Don't be surprised if they fight a lot later on in life, particularly when the kittens are done weaning, around 8 weeks old or so.
Mother will basically forget that they're her children, and vice versa.
But she'll still probably be the matriarch, and put them in their place. That's how my cat was with her children.

Jesus, that's some scary stuff. I need to experience this.

Mothering cats can be downright awful to their children.

It's not uncommon that they kill some of them.
They very much only really care for their kittens for the first few days or weeks, where they watch them when they're blind.
After that they just seem to put up with being pestered and suckled.

And then eventually it gets too much and mother says "forget it", and she won't feed them anymore.

After that all the cats just see each other the same way they would if you adopted an unrelated cat.

the curse strikes again

Oh my god, that's terrible! I hope the remaining two make it into adulthood without any issues.

Mothering cats can be downright awful to their children.

It's not uncommon that they kill some of them.
They very much only really care for their kittens for the first few days or weeks, where they watch them when they're blind.
After that they just seem to put up with being pestered and suckled.

And then eventually it gets too much and mother says "forget it", and she won't feed them anymore.

After that all the cats just see each other the same way they would if you adopted an unrelated cat.
Well I mean, that's a method of doing things.

Not going to judge.

Well I mean, that's a method of doing things.

Not going to judge.
It's how I plan to raise my children.
As soon as they're off the teat, they're on the street!

And get hit by a car

10/10 parenting would have love again

condolences, man

hope the other two live

the problem here is that youre letting your cat have babies when you don't know how to take proper care of cat babies. its also winter soon, idk where you live or how cold it is but good lord out of all the times possible NOW?

should I blame you for this or what?

the problem here is that youre letting your cat have babies when you don't know how to take proper care of cat babies. its also winter soon, idk where you live or how cold it is but good lord out of all the times possible NOW?

should I blame you for this or what?
And here blockzilla is again, whining about how OP is bad at taking care of their pets even though they can not exactly control what happens.

And here blockzilla is again, whining about how OP is bad at taking care of their pets even though they can not exactly control what happens.
WOHHOHOHOH cant control? did the cat magically get pregnant? did the cat god send the cat mary a baby cat jesus? a virgin cat pregnancy? the cat bible? you speak non sense

WOHHOHOHOH cant control? did the cat magically get pregnant? did the cat god send the cat mary a baby cat jesus? a virgin cat pregnancy? the cat bible? you speak non sense
I had a dog that got pregnant without us knowing. Same about a few cats.
Are pet owners suppose to stick around their pets to rooster-block anything that comes to it?

report the mother cat to PETA and have her arrested for disowning her kittens

also how are you feline

I had a dog that got pregnant without us knowing. Same about a few cats.
Are pet owners suppose to stick around their pets to rooster-block anything that comes to it?
you should be more responsible and keep track of your animals

first you give them the talk about the bees and birds...