Author Topic: GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5  (Read 64230 times)

Holy Hot loving Cheetos

You know, I realized maybe this mod is good. Seems like most of the troubled/annoying people (like mr. Queerba) gravitate to this one instead of flooding ones like DAProgs.

You know, I realized maybe this mod is good. Seems like most of the troubled/annoying people (like mr. Queerba) gravitate to this one instead of flooding ones like DAProgs.
That's actually a decent way to look at it.

Update 2.0
 *Mod manager now supports v21 map files (ex:Ground_Brick, Water_Acid)
 *News GUI updated with a link to the forum add-ons section
 *Better Infomaniac Jr pic

Remember! provide a description.txt in your environment files!

OP has been updated as well.

Quote from: Brick-Bot
The new filesize for GRTB is 986 KB.
Thats 1 KB more than before!

Thanks once again Brick-Bot. Have a good night everyone!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:03:18 AM by Goth77 »

Will 2.1 change the name? lmao

Will 2.1 change the name? lmao
No because it will be 2.5 lol. Also I know I said I had the option for sounds in 2.0
but I saving it until the next update.

Also after re-reading the whole topic I just had to "lol" about something.
Damn you're thick.
People did address this calmly at the beginning

whY WOULD YOU INCLUDE THE REAL NAME OF YOUR GIRLFRIEND IN THE CREDITS OF A MOD IN THIS ENVIRONMENT

PEOPLE DONT EVEN INCLUDE THEIR _OWN_ REAL NAMES BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT GET TO HARASSED BY NOSY BLOCKLANDERS

Everybody search her name on Facebook now!

They sure did. Lmao

I'm 110% sure the "People did address this calmly at the beginning" part was about you not changing things such as infomaniac, the name, and such.

I'm 110% sure the "People did address this calmly at the beginning" part was about you not changing things such as infomaniac, the name, and such.

Right right. Well I did change the infomaniac and a few other things that people didn't notice such as mod manager not supporting v21 map files and original RTB groups being broken.

I'm not trying to argue about this. There were quite a few people that did address this calmly.
This sounds really great from what I see on the feature list. Avatars shown on IRC chat? woah
Seems nice
Am i the only one not complaining about the name.
I like it and i like what you have done. You got my download!
I'm liking what you're doing here, I completely support this cause. But please, in a later version, add the ability to download mods, because that's why I loved RTB. I guess it doesn't look too great, but OP could improve it... over an amount of time...
I don't know why, but I am actually surprised nobody likes this.

Even Dannu and Swat were calm about things. For the most part.
But there were some people like Adolf-kun, Futurjojo, and others that are hating hard for basically no reason. Sure, it's just another "stuffty RTB remake" to them

gothIRC
gothmod manager
goth prefs

You can always count on BL forums to amplify the smallest of issues to the max

I am glad not all people are acting this way because it's not this way at all. Just because the mod is named "GRTB" ? The windows and scripts are not named like this either.
---------------

Anyways, I am down south visiting my father and brother so the 2.5 update will have to wait until after thanksgiving break. 2.0 is stable and works fine, it is the same version I am using.

Have a happy thanksgiving, everyone!

I am sorry, but why the hell can someone not contribute to the community without receiving hatred for their contribution? Really, some people just want to put a nice mod out there and do that, but the community is so disrespectful that mod makers like Goth are driven insane. Some people just want to contribute to this game, but however once again, due to the community's aggression towards people, this mod has been hated. I am worried that one reason we don't have a lot of people making add-ons is because they are worried about their add-on getting hated.
Let's brown townyze the reasons nobody likes this mod:
  • Infomaniac replaced
Is Infomaniac really a big deal? Come on, seriously?
  • Bad GUI (IRC, etc)
I understand that the add-on needs some work with the GUI, but you guys are taking it to the extreme and not actually helping.
  • The name is extremely similar to RTB.
Badspot or Rotondo seems to be apparently fine with the name, as neither of them requested that he change the name.
  • Gothboy put his wife in the credits or something.
That isn't a big deal!
The list goes on and on, but I think this add-on deserves more respect. I respect people's opinions and constructive criticism, but plain old hating GRTB does nothing.
You can always count on BL forums to amplify the smallest of issues to the max
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:36:23 AM by Mr Queeba »

I only downloaded this in hope for a mod system like RTB's. What do you say about that, OP?

I am worried that one reason we don't have a lot of people making add-ons is because they are worried about their add-on getting hated.
-snip-
Bullstuff, it's because it's difficult to make an add-on in a coding language specific for this game. (And little others)
Torque isn't widespread coding language that everyone knows, and even to make weapons you need to have basic knowledge in it.
I wasn't going to say anything because Goth is a friend of mine, but I guess I'll have to.

"It ain't broken so don't fix it"
RTB wasn't broken to begin with, there are two-no three versions that are out already.
All of them does what this does.
Port's which the RTB Connect is changed out for an IRC system.
Greek2me's which is bare-bone system preferences.
And DaProg's which from what I hear has a server to work with Connect.

And to tell you the truth, I feel that Goth is only doing this for the fame.
One excellent way to prove this is the fact that he isn't open for suggestions.
He wants it the way he wants it, not how the community wants it.
Ephi didn't do it for the fame, he did it for the community.

The list goes on and on, but I think this add-on deserves more respect. I respect people's opinions and constructive criticism, but plain old hating GRTB does nothing.
They aren't hating on GRTB, they are hating on Goth for the fact that he is stubborn and won't open up to criticism.

Some people just want to contribute to this game, but however once again, due to the community's aggression towards people, this mod has been hated.
A contribution would be something new, not a mod of a mod.
It's nothing we need, in-fact, it's dividing up our RTB user-base.
We have two already with chat support so let's use them instead since they actually know how to code and already have everything right.

My suggestion for Goth is to take a couple of weeks break, learn Torque, and start a system like RTB from scratch.
Call it something original, don't use the RTB name.
RTB is dead and everyone needs to get over it.

Sorry if this upsets you Goth, but this had to be said.

please failbin this -- or drama it, even better.
this is literly just a copyright-infringed version of RTB with GUI edits.
If you really want to make a new version of RTB, you're going to need to create a program to modify it given the ZIP -- you can't host your modified version directly, but you CAN host something that modifies it for people, and it's legal on both ends.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:06:23 PM by superdupercoolguy »

If you really want to make a new version of RTB, you're going to need to create a program to modify it given the ZIP -- you can't host your modified version directly, but you CAN host something that modifies it for people, and it's legal on both ends.
what
do you have any idea what you're talking about

what
do you have any idea what you're talking about
This pretty much sums it up.

"It ain't broken so don't fix it"
RTB wasn't broken to begin with, there are two-no three versions that are out already.
All of them does what this does.
Port's which the RTB Connect is changed out for an IRC system.
Greek2me's which is bare-bone system preferences.
And DaProg's which from what I hear has a server to work with Connect.

And to tell you the truth, I feel that Goth is only doing this for the fame.
One excellent way to prove this is the fact that he isn't open for suggestions.
He wants it the way he wants it, not how the community wants it.
They aren't hating on GRTB, they are hating on Goth for the fact that he is stubborn and won't open up to criticism.

Although these 3 RTB variations are good I just never really liked any of them. Da Progs is the closest to the original RTB 4 but I always have problems authenticating. RTB 4 did have some broken things wrong with it. It just needs a tune up.

I can't believe you would say that though Choco. I didn't do this for fame I did this because I have been playing Blockland for quite a few years and have some friends I have met over time. I find GRTB and easy way to keep up with them that reminds me of 3.5. I remember having a ton of friends on my IRC notifier and people were lively in the public chat it was fun.

I am open for suggestions. Of course if the suggestion is not so good I may not consider it.
If i think something is a good idea (like the infomaniac jr suggested by powerdag)
Then yeah, of course it will be considered.
I'm not going to put every idea that every person suggests. Then we just have a mess

Quote from: Pah1023
Are you serious? As much as I'd like to believe that it certainly isn't true.
It may have started that way but Ephi was trying to make money from RTB.
Not just from the dedicated hosting service either

Let's brown townyze the reasons nobody likes this mod:
  • Infomaniac replaced
Is Infomaniac really a big deal? Come on, seriously?
  • Bad GUI (IRC, etc)
I understand that the add-on needs some work with the GUI, but you guys are taking it to the extreme and not actually helping.
  • The name is extremely similar to RTB.
Badspot or Rotondo seems to be apparently fine with the name, as neither of them requested that he change the name.
  • Gothboy put his wife in the credits or something.
That isn't a big deal!
Thank you.
I am constantly working on improving the GUI. I don't think it looks that bad O.o
I like the Infomaniac Jr better than the original. It's a truly nice idea. Thanks again, Dag
Also yes Maddie is my fiance and we are expecting a child early next year. But you don't see me putting all those actual personal details on the credits. But yet people were instantly angry because I simply included her name in the credits? I honestly couldn't have done it without her....

I only downloaded this in hope for a mod system like RTB's. What do you say about that, OP?
This has the mod manager, and saving and loading of add-on groups.
It does not include downloading of add-ons in-game
It does have a link to the add-on section of the forum on the mod GUI

I'm not quite sure I follow?
There are credits on the OP
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:48:56 AM by Goth77 »